digital newbie

nutrients

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've been working with black and white film for the past few years and have loved it, and have reached a level of relative technical mastery (as much as one can in a few years). But I now want to start learning how to do digital photography, and I know absolutely nothing about it. So it would be much appreciated if someone who knows their stuff could give me just a few pointers to send me in the right direction.

What kind of equiptment/software will I need? Any camera recommendations for a beginner, but one who hopes to quickly get serious about my work?

Like I said, I know nothing, so anything is appreciated, even a link to a page that can teach me the basics.

Thanks!

With respect to which camera might be good for you, I'd suggest avoiding entry level models and getting something like a 40D or 50D (sorry, I only really know Canon but I'm sure the same thing would apply to other brands).

What kind of lenses do you have? If you can swing a full frame sensor and you do get serious, I doubt you'd regret it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back