Digitize Me... (or Analyze Me?)

juan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have been around long enough to love printing B&W prints in the darkroom and discovering the amazing warmth that can be added to your shoots. I have also had a lot of stressful days and hours waiting for things that today take seconds to upload to your computer. I want technical (maybe psychological too) help in understanding which way to go with my equipment.

I have a bunch of old Nikon lenses for my 35mm cameras that I have had a long-term love affair with. I like a camera that is fast enough to stop action in natural lighting situations. I like to have warmth in my color shots. I can't justify spending a LOT of money. What cameras should I be considering?

Ideally, I'd recommend D700, but w/o knowing your budget it is tough to say. I'm not mentioning D2, or D3 models only b/c those are work horses and that specific purposes and most people aren't inclined to spend over 3grand on a camera body.
Thus, D700 nikon d700, would be first glance. IF that is out of your budget then you go down to D300s and/or D300nikon d300. I think D300 has been discontinued (not sure). Either one, body only, you should be able to pick up for under 2K. IF that is out of your budget then D90 nikon d90 and that is under a grand.

If you want to stay with film, I like F100. YEARS ago, used to use it and loved it.

good luck

Most reactions

Back