Dilemma about Bag size

Deo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, I'm deo, well i'm a photography hobbyist.

I usually take pictures not only on a trip specially allocated for my hobby, but sometimes i take photos during trips with my family. well usually when i travel with my family i will get better changes to takes interesting shots, guess why, because my mom will spend some money for good viewing spots or such as vip passes. However this is the problem. the last time i go for a vacation with my family i went to South Africa for three weeks, i get many portraits, landscapes also wildlife shots. At that time i brought a 24-70L, 16-35L, 150-500, 50L, 70-200L, 7D, 580EXs, manfrotto tripod, a macbook air, hardisk, ipad, a alot of useful stuff in a kata bumblebee, manfrotto bag and a crumpler pouch, and my mom just doesn't like me having a big bags, so i decided for my next trip with my mom to USA and Canada, i will have minimum gears.

I would bring a pro sized slr + cropped slr
16-35L, 50L, 24-70L
Filters(B+W)
Gorilla pod
a 580EX
Laptop
Other stuff, such as cleaning kit, Hard disk, cable release etc.

I would also love to have Lee filters with me, a 70-200 if possible.

and also my mom suggested that i must get a shoulder bag, and price does not matter.

Could you guys give me advice on what gear to bring also what bag should i buy.

Thanks in advance

Note: for the itinerary Grand America & Canada - Online Booking Wita Tour, (click itinerary tab under the 'Book Now' and 'Contact Us' button) and i probably will extend the trip to NY, SF and LA.

Thanks

Last edited:
Oh, sorry, i forgot one thing. My mom will bring her Nex-7 +18-55 +16, and probably i will end up helping my mom carry it.

thanks

You should send me some of those L lenses if you don't want to tote them around anymore ;)
God knows I won't be able to afford one for the next 10 years with all my student loans :meh:

As for a bag, I think if your planning on toting around L lenses you should look at something quite sturdy. I'm not sure if it will be big enough, but I really enjoy my Canon shoulderbag. I keep my 55-250mm, 50mm, kit lens, gripped t3i, two filter cases, all my chargers, all my cleaning supplies, and 3 batteries in it and I still have space for a package of poptarts. The bag is well built with plenty of padding, and its quite sturdy.

Heres the link: Amazon.com: Canon 2400 SLR Gadget Bag for EOS SLR Cameras: Camera & Photo

Best,

Toga

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I'd suggest looking at one of the 'Airport Series' from Thinktank. They are more of a rolling bag/suit case, than a regular shoulder style camera bag, but they would be great for international travel. The quality and design of Thinktank bags is outstanding.

If it must be a shoulder bag, then I might look for something that can also be carried in a more comfortable way. For example, the Thinktank Urban Disguise has an optional shoulder harness to turn it into a backpack. Another option would be a sling style bag like the Lowepro Slingshot series. They can be carried on your back very comfortably, but they sling around for quick access like a shoulder bag.

I have a Lowepro Computrekker AW that I've toted around the world. It's a backpack, but it would carry the gear you listed. Lowepro bags are well built and designed. I have a few of them and recommend them, although there are better (but more expensive) brands, if you want a premium bag.

Most reactions

Back