Dirty hands....

brettmc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I was helping my wife plant some flowers and I decided to have her help me take some pics. Please C&C, I appreciate all the help you can give. Thank you.

DirtyHands_1867.jpg

The focus is off some

Otherwise

"you're in good hands with Brett" :mrgreen:

Gritty and nurturing at the same time. I like all the details of this one from the dirt under the nails to the strands of soil fiber clinging to the skin.

Very nice. I agree that the focus seems a little off. Well not so much the focus as the DOF. It looks like the soil is a little blurry with the focus on your thumbs and the green plant. Would have liked to see the soil a little sharper as well. I see you had ISO 200. I would have tried for 400 or 800 and stopped down just a hair more. Thats just being nitpicky though. Really cool photo overall.

Think it might have been a touch better if you focused just a bit forwards, sharper seedling..

BUT it's one of the best compositions and ideas I've seen in the beginners forum as far as I'm concerned and the green really stands out against all the brown, background and foreground. 9/10 - would be 10/10 with the focus forward a hair (also I like the shallow DOF here)

It's a really awesome shot. The shallow DOF is perfect for this. At first the slightly soft focus on the plant bothered me a bit but it really grew on me. I also had to double check that this was the beginner's forum because the Picture was just so (I have no words).

Congratulations!

Thanks for the kind words everyone

Very nice. I agree that the focus seems a little off. Well not so much the focus as the DOF. It looks like the soil is a little blurry with the focus on your thumbs and the green plant. Would have liked to see the soil a little sharper as well. I see you had ISO 200. I would have tried for 400 or 800 and stopped down just a hair more. Thats just being nitpicky though. Really cool photo overall.

The focus was one of the things that I thought needed some work. I purposely had turned down my ISO since my right hand was getting a little hot, but I still wanted to keep a small DOF. I guess I could have tried having a quicker shutter speed.

As far as PP I didn't do a whole lot; cropped, adjusted exposure and black levels appropriately, slightly increased contrast, and cranked up clarity up to nearly 100 to give a more gritty feel.

Again, thanks everyone for your kind words! :blushing:

Most reactions

Back