DJI Phantom 3

dascrow

TPF Tech
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Price wise isn't not too bad. Thats about what you would spend on a Phantom 2 w/Gimbal and Gopro 4 black. Now with that said, I like the new Auto take off and auto landing. Phantoms are some of the easiest flying hobby copters on the planet and this only makes them that much easier.

On a side note, I strongly suggest using a UV or Polarizer filter in the beginning. I experienced a rough landing once and nicked the lens on my Gopro.

I picked up one on Amazon for about $12 and it comes with a lens cap. No installing needed, it just fits snug over the lens. Then you screw in the filter like a regular camera filter and pop the lens cap off before flight.

Amazon.com HOT Filter CPL 37MM Circular Polarizing Lens For gopro Hero 3 Hero 3 sports Go pro Camcorders Black GP118 Camera Photo

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Man I'd LOVE to have one. The more I look at the specs, it looks like the battery is only good for like 10-15 minutes at a time?! That seems really short! But it does look killer cool!

Man I'd LOVE to have one. The more I look at the specs, it looks like the battery is only good for like 10-15 minutes at a time?! That seems really short! But it does look killer cool!

The Phantom 2 is good for 20-22 Minutes and I believe the Phantom 3 is pushing 25 minutes. Landing and swapping batteries is simple but unfortunately, extra batteries run $129 each.

Just preordered mine! There's a deal on Amazon for the 3, plus 3 batteries, prop guards, 2 Sandisk 64gb cards, light strip and more for $1599. I was on it like ugly on an ape!!!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

Just preordered mine! There's a deal on Amazon for the 3, plus 3 batteries, prop guards, 2 Sandisk 64gb cards, light strip and more for $1599. I was on it like ugly on an ape!!!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

Sweet deal! A regular Phantom 2 Vision will set you back about that much and the batteries alone can run $129 each!

It's through a reseller, and I wasn't too happy that he ran my card today, nearly a month before shipping!

It's through a reseller, and I wasn't too happy that he ran my card today, nearly a month before shipping!

I'd be upset too. That can cause crap to bounce and incur fees etc.

Have seen stories of bad jello with Phantom 3, going to stick with my Phantom 2 for now. Also think Lightbridge range is restricted according to gps location, ie. those of us in Europe get shorter range. With my 2 and Groundstation I can get over two miles away from me and depending on conditions I can get FPV over a mile. Let's see a Phantom 3 do that!

On the negative side, I restrict my Phantom 2 flights to 13 mins, my bird carries a lot of extra stuff and I like to have battery reserve 'just in case'. 20 -25 mins with a Phantom 3 is a good step forward.

My setup 1

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 252
My setup 2

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 218
My setup 3

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 223
My setup 4

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    994.4 KB · Views: 239
Have seen stories of bad jello with Phantom 3......!
Would be very interested to hear them. Are they from testers? Seeing as how it's not been released yet, they would have to be. So lay them on me, it's good to know the good and the bad with this amount of coin.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back