dodging and burning?

Anyone ever tried the dodge tool for whitening smiles?. My neice wanted her smile whiter so I tried dodge for that. The result was good, much more natural-looking than creating a layer (with lightening applied), then erasing over a duplicate of the original layer. You'd probably LOL at the things I've tried when there was an easier way that I didn't know about.

Here's an image that was burned to tone down blown out highlights in the animals' skin and hair.

lunchtime.jpg

Anyone ever tried the dodge tool for whitening smiles?. My neice wanted her smile whiter so I tried dodge for that. The result was good, much more natural-looking than creating a layer (with lightening applied), then erasing over a duplicate of the original layer. You'd probably LOL at the things I've tried when there was an easier way that I didn't know about.

You can whiten teeth somewhat by doing this, but you are really just removing detail. You are better off actually changing the color balance. If teeth are too yellow, take yellow out to make them neutral.

You can whiten teeth somewhat by doing this, but you are really just removing detail. You are better off actually changing the color balance. If teeth are too yellow, take yellow out to make them neutral.
I think I may play around with it some more. Messing with the colors is so hard for me as I can never seem to get a natural color. One day I spent an hour editing a washed out picture of my neice taken by her friend. We were trying to make her eyes bluer, her skin more natural and the smile whiter. I had no idea what I was doing and ended up making lots of layers, changing the colors on each and erasing the parts we wanted. I know there's got to be easier ways of doing these things...LOL. I have so little patience.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back