doziergraphic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Not sure if this concept works -

Canon REBEL; kit lens; f/11; 1/80sec; ISO 200; 55mm

IMG_0053_Chicago_BW_Pippins.jpg

There are varying opinions whether selective coloring works. I think most want it to serve a purpose, perhaps tell a story. That being said, I don't really have an opinion on it as a concept, but I think your coloring may too red. Maybe adjust the color balance??

Photo doesn't work at all. The selective coloring draws my eye, but I'm not sure why I ought to be looking at that sign as the subject, or what it is trying to say.

My advice is to practice shooting a good street scene -- or basically just making a good photograph -- before messing with selective coloring or any other processing gimmick.

A friend of mine tells me there are 2 main rules he uses when taking pictures. 1 is the rule of thirds and number 2 is the picture tells a story. He says that if the picture makes no sense then it is not a good picture. I have to say that some random sighn in a random picture makes no sense to me.

The subject draws my eyes out from the image. I think it'd be cooler if you'd chosen something more eye level and further away to suck the viewer in. But this works for what it is.

I would of tried to emphasize the words Rush Street more and maybe make the street seem busy as hell. Just a thought..

Is that original color or did you color it? I like how warm the color seems in contrast.

Thanks. About what I figured the feedback would be. Sometimes (as a newby) hard to tell if you're being overly critical of yourself or if you're being creative. Helps to get confirmation of the obvious sometimes!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back