Does this shot have a red hue?

fotogenik

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Somone I sent this shot to told me it has a red hue to it on their screen. I don't see it.

Does this appear to have a red hue to it to you guys?

magic.jpg

What makes it hard to tell is the shade of the background, I would care to say that no there is not any 'additional' red in this photo then what there truly was when shot. Did you happen to set the white balance to 'custom'?

thanks a bunch guys, I don't see one either but just wanted to get some eyes from around the globe on it to verify it wasn't my monitor that was screwed up

Cheers,

I don't know PS well enough to know which numbers to look at to tell if a photo has a hue or not, but just so you be assured: on my monitor (in yet another part of the world) this photo does not have a red hue, either. It has a good many red/reddish components, that is true (like Peanuts was already pointing out), but it does not have an additional red hue.

Rashadan said:
Not adept enough at PS to know which numbers I should be looking at, care to elaborate?

I always set the color sliders to display the CMYK numbers -- then, when you click around with the eyedropper, it'll give you the numerical values for Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and Black. If your cyan value is lower than the magenta & yellow number in a neutral area, than your photo has a bit of a red tint in the midtones. It should generally be slightly higher than the other two numbers in a neutral area. You can check the highlights the same way -- if something that is supposed to be white has 0 cyan, 7 magenta, 7 yellow, your highlights have a red tint.

If you reeallly want to get serious about color toning (and honestly, it's a HUGE part of photography, one that even many professional photographers overlook in the digital realm because they're only used to doing this stuff in a darkroom and most auto-white-balance cameras get you close most of the time), you should check out this book:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Photoshop-Color-Correction-Michael-Kieran/dp/0321124014"]http://www.amazon.com/Photoshop-Color-Correction-Michael-Kieran/dp/0321124014[/ame]

Most reactions

New Topics

Back