Does your camera go everywhere with you?

Mine stays in my work bag, the camera bag's small enough to fit in there - it doesn't follow me round at work, I couldn't do that anyway if I wanted to! It's there just in case any opportunities might arise when on a break!

I wish I had one with me all the time. When I had my 300D, it was always in the car and considering I usually am the one driving it was nice to have it. Now that I sold it and got a 30D, I feel I put too much money into it to have it sitting in my car where it could get stolen or damaged from a sudden stop or something. I'm thinking of investing in a used 350D or 400D and just keeping it in the car for those times where I wish I had a camera nearby.

I try to take it with me a fair amount of the time. The problem is sometimes having a camera would prevent me from being able to do certain things. Like the other day a few friends and I took a train trip to Santa Barbra Beach and there were so many things I wish I could have shot but I didn't want to risk leaving my cam on a beach and then sand and everything. I also need to get a comfortable sized backpack because right now my over the shoulder bag is too uncomfortable to be walkign around all day. Also the way my bad is set up to fit everything I can't have any lenses attatched so it's always a pain to take it out and set it all up just for one shot and by the time I'm ready it could be gone.

At the very least, the little pocket digital is with me all the time. It's usually sufficient for those "stop-the-car" moments. Most times there's also a 35mm slr, preferably a no-battery all-manual job. The camera bag is good for stuffing other stuff into as well.

Yes I have missed too many shots leaving it home. I live in the woods and see deer and coyotes almost every trip away from the house.

I'm at work at the moment (so probably shouldn't be on here lol!) and just taken my camera out with me on my break and gotten a few close-ups of flowers, might post them up later when I've had a look at them on the PC and see if they're any good!

Unless I get possessed by this insatiable urge* to photograph and go to a place I know where there could be potential images, I usually carry a p&s.

*Often times light is the main culprit, but that's a different topic.

Almost everywhere - I bought a very high-end pocket digital camera just to make sure I have one with me all the time. There's so many shots I see every day, and for a while it was driving me nuts that I had the nicest camera gear... at home! I travel a lot, and am interested in airports and the people that can be found there, so I got a Leica D-Lux 3, with manual control, as well as Aperture and Shutter Priority modes - now I never mind being delayed at the airport, it just means more people to photograph!

Are you ever bothered by security for photographing inside an airport?
Never, and I've been a LOT more brazen since I bought the small camera that looks like a point-and-shoot to the untrained eye. Even with the Leica M8, provided it's a small lens, security leaves me alone. I never really felt comfortable enough with a big SLR.

However, I never even try to photograph security check-points. They have clearly-posted "No Photography" signs.

Re: being left alone: one exception was at JFK airport in NY. I was shooting some of the aircraft out the window, and a policeman strolls past me. He turns and says "Hey, you're not supposed to photograph here." Then he rolls his eyes, chuckles to himself, and keeps walking.

I never leave the house without my Sony V3 and Olympus XA.

I train a lot on a mountain bike...even then I have at least my 2MP Sony camera phone.

I just feel weird without a camera...nearly 20 years like that...never worried about it though.

Yes, I take at least 2 on a daily basis, and up to 4 or more if I'm going somewhere distant.

I was shooting some of the aircraft out the window, and a policeman strolls past me. He turns and says "Hey, you're not supposed to photograph here." Then he rolls his eyes, chuckles to himself, and keeps walking.

Haha, that's awesome!

For years I've been using a messenger bag as a "purse," so it's no big deal to carry a camera (or two) around. If I know I'm going to be adventuring or there's a pinhole camera along, I tote a little 10" tripod too (extends to about 3.5 feet).

I notice several people in this thread shooting Canon. Why not buy a cheap film Rebel body off ebay and just use that when you don't want to bring the digital? They're lighter, use the same lenses, and it's not a huge loss if it gets stolen/lost/ruined by the elements.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back