Does your camera go everywhere with you?

For the most part mine does. Especially when me and freinds go out "adventuring" without a real plan as to where we'll end up. And then when nothing really catches my eye and I end up not taking a single picture, my friends all make fun of me.

I've found since getting my 300D it's been following me pretty much everywhere (much to my wife's annoyance!), is this common or am I strange?

haha, awesome. i get the same thing from my fiance. yes, i usually take my camera everywhere since my camera bag is the Tamrac Adventure 7 backpack, it's easy to bring it everywhere i go.

I went to the store tonight and as I walked out, I noticed I had my very first day lily in my garden so I thought, gee I wish I had gotten my camera, I'll shoot it when I get back...except when I got back, someone (my 9 year old) had picked it!

My husband thinks I'm nuts taking pictures of anything but the kids. I feel like, I see them every day and I have lots of pictures of them...I don't have lots of pictures of bugs and frogs and old buildings and clouds and flowers and trees...okay, yeah I do but they're all different.

No.

If I am traveling, I generally take 3 or 4, if I am working I always take one in the car since I use it for work.

Not really. The Lowepro Mini Trekker is also my carry on bag when I'm travelling - so the 350D goes round the world with me if I'm moving any distance. The C730 quite often gets used for doing work stuff and the occasional casual carry round. The Nokia 6230i is always with me though, to slow to react for anything moving though, but that does mean that you get some very perculiar effects shooting out the side of the car at 140kph

That's one thing I do need, and that's a decent camera bag! Mine's currently in a small bag meant for a large digital camera and not a dSLR, and no room for accessories!

I have to say that so far I've not taken any pictures yet whilst at work, though do quite often see wonderful sunrise/sunsets!

If all else fails, I always have my Sony Ericsson K800i with me, which does take excellent shots. I'm probably however carrying the 300D with me more than I probably will do so I can try learning how to use it and expanding my experience with taking photographs with a more 'professional' type camera and experimenting with settings.

Yep - it comes everywhere - you just never know. My teenagers hate to see it coming along though.

I try but with a 2 1/2 year old and a 3 month old in tow I kinda gave up on hauling my D80 around ALL the time. It is however at my night stand when not with me...so it's always close ;) My P&S is always in my purse.

Yes, I carry my gear with me all the time. If I don't, I will invariably come upon one of those once in a lifetime situations. :)

Although I did talk myself out of taking it with to my interview last week, it mostly lives on my hip. But I also carry around a large, generally full backpack most days, so an extra bag doesn't really stand out for me.

I wouldn't say my camera goes everywhere with me. I wish I could carry it around with me when I work but its just not possible. After work though I usually have it in the car if I'm going somewhere.

no, mine definitely does not follow me everywhere ... I only take it with me if I plan to take pictures.

too many things you cannot do if you have to carry your camera and watch it all the time ...

only did regret not having it about 3 or 5 times.

however, if I have my camera with me, I sometimes regret when I left the telephoto at home ...

Yes but not to work, I would hate to leave it in the car all day.

Most reactions

Back