Website
www.lukesalter.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hopefully the link works...

Just looking for some general feedback be brutal if you like

13620253_10153566969026875_7744101800506914634_n.jpg

The link works!

Not a bad shot; focus, exposure and white balance are all fine. A couple of things I think could be improved: The scene is 'messy'; the hoop on the ground, the red leaves, tree, etc, all provide a lot of visual distraction to the eye. Your depth of field is good, but these things are still focused enough that they're visually annoying. Removing the hoop and moving around just a bit to find a cleaner background would have really helped. The other point is your crop. With his legs cropped the way they are, I want to ask if his name is 'Stumpy'. I would suggest a tight portrait crop of just the head and chest.

The hoops and the odd crop jumped out at me too.

Shooting pets requires the same attention as all forms of photography. Its easy to forget about the background and the "whole" picture aspect. Is the tail, the feet, all parts of body in the frame. Sometimes they don't always need to be, however in your pic the legs need to be there.

Cool, i guessed as much, i had already flagged the hoop and legs myself, i was kind of happy with the red leaves in the foreground but if you think that confuses the shot ill refrain from doing that in the future. Thanks Guys!

I guess it see things different.
The hoop kinda shows play time.
The red and blue colors add i think. Kinda gives it life.
I would have not cut off the feet on stumpy tho :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back