Dog pictures?

Artemis

Just Punked Himself
Reaction score
Website
www.falcon-eye.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Im in serious need of cash, so need some stuff that I can do with my photography to pull in money.

I was thinking of doing pictures of people pets? e.g. dogs and cats...whatcha think?

There's always room for that. At virtually every arts festival I'm at, someone has a booth for pet portraits. People love 'em!

It's on you to put together a portfolio and market yourself somehow. Get the word out, get a gig and recommendations should follow. :)

Just make sure you have patience...having someone to assist you wouldn't be a bad idea, too. I've gotten some pretty good portraits of both of my cats, but there is no way I could have gotten them without Erik's assistance.

This one I did the other day:

Smokey.jpg

And this one I did about 6 or 8 months ago:

Kittyonstool.jpg

I know you have animals...practice on them...see if you can get your brothers to help you...you get in position and get the camera all ready, so all you have to do is press the shutter...have who ever assists you position the animal, then get his/her attention with a toy or something.

CORRY! Those photos are fantastic, specially the first one...wow...

Hehe yeh ill start putting together a bit of a portfolio and who knows? :p
Any other bits of advice on pet photography? Sorry to keep always asking questions and hardly ever answer ;)

I always liked that second one, Corey - you caught those blue cat eyes just right. Looks great! :)

and be careful Arti!!! I once played with my neighbour's cat... well I was to take its portrait and after half an hour I ended up with only 10 pics - none of which had the cat in. it just escaped just before the shutter... oh... sory... I forgot that I managed to capture it's tail while it was jumping from the chair....

You need a fast camera - they go from "cute" to "gone" in 0.2s

You could always try door to door pensioner pet portraits?

Rob

Most reactions

New Topics

Back