Dominantly School, Low Key, C&C Please!

IDLaxStar

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is my shot at a low key picture. I believe it came out ok. I did photoshop the background a little darker because I am sick right now and have very little patience so I didn't want to go take another shot. I was looking for something to take a picture of and this was next to me and is the only thing keeping me alive right now so I decided to use it haha. If anyone has any input or advice it would be very much appreciated.

Iso 100, f/8.0, 1/10 sec, Custom wight balance:

4426602364_eb0e5f5128_b.jpg

That came out pretty good I think. That stuff reminds me of boot camp... ugh.

To keep it more consistent, I'd darken the top-left of the bottle (there's some glare right below the cap) as well as the bottom-left of the cap itself which throws things off. It's definitely a successful attempt.

That's just my newb crap opinion though.

i think its a little underexposed. while i understand the keeping everything dark, the areas that are lit are still too underexposed IMO

Yeah i agree if im not to tired i might give another shot. I will probably try to put barn doors on my light so none of my background gets any light then i will slow my shutter speed down a tad.

As Rondal said, it's definitely underexposed. To make sure the background stays black, do this in a completely dark room and use a black or dark backdrop. Also use something to flag the light so it's not hitting the backdrop. You shouldn't need to photoshop the background at all if done right.

I wasnt sure how i wanted to position the bottle. but i figured it was best if the label was lite up. I will try some different stuff tonight though

No but I will use some tin foil or something. You are asking that so i will light up that other side a little bit right

Most reactions

Back