I am the Lord thy Mod
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
the clearing out of the closet continues!
this ones an oldie but a goodie. A Nikkor-H auto 50mm f/2
EX condition. 6 elements in 4 groups, 6 straight blades. Focus and aperture rings are smooth, no oil on the blades, glass is clean with no dust, fungus, or haze. Comes with leather case. no lens caps.
this is the pre-AI model so it will NOT mount on all modern cameras. If you do not know whether this lens will work on your camera, don't ask for it. If you damage your camera with it, I will laugh at you.
this is a great old workhorse lens in excellent condition.

You all know how this works at this point. (I hope)
we are DONATING this lens. It is FREE to a good/needy home, and is sent AS-IS with no guarantee or warranty, written or implied of ANY kind. we will pay shipping. continental U.S ONLY.

the criteria for getting the lens is as follows:
1: you NEED this lens, meaning you DO NOT already have one, or one very similar.
2: you already have a camera capable of mounting this lens (no putting the cart before the horse)
3: you live in the continental united states (Alaska if flat rate shipping covers there)
4: you have been an active and productive member of the forum for more than 3 months

i will let this thread run for a week or so. If you are interested in the lens, post on THIS THREAD with your intentions for the lens,an honest gear list, and why you believe you need the lens. PM's or emails may or may not get considered.

thank you all.

-Jason

View attachment 33135
View attachment 33136
View attachment 33137

Last edited:
Hi, I would love a chance for this lens, Mully one of the forum members on here donated a Nikon 2020 to me, and I don't really have any lens to it. I am a part time photographer who does film and in the dark room with my fellow professors. We're taking photos of landscapes with film camera. Thanks for your time!

Hello Pixmedic,
I would love to be considered for the lens! Very interested especially in film photography, and have an old Nikon that this would go great on. I am in college, and go out to shoot film as much as possible. The current lens I have on my Nikon is a telephoto, which is the lens that came with it when I picked it up from a garage sale. It is nice for some scenes, but lately I've been wanting to get a lens that would be more versatile for me, and takes up less space in my less than spacious dorm room. It would also be perfect for some landscape portraits of the University, which is something my telephoto lens hasn't been making easy for me. My Nikon is an old school film camera that this lens would be absolutely perfect for it. Thank you for the consideration!!
-Nick

**Does not fit my Nikon, please remove from consideration

Last edited:
This lens will damage the N2020 which uses a newer style AI coupling that does not fold up. (out of memory), The only AI series cameras that havethe fold-up AI coupling are the Nikkormat FT3, F3, EL2, FM, and FE. (Maybe F4????). Fold-Up AI couplings have a little release next to the tab that allows it to fold out of the way, and not get crushed. Non-AI cameras can use this lens safely.

A great lens, I have it.

This lens will damage the N2020 which uses a newer style AI coupling that does not fold up. (out of memory), The only AI series cameras that havethe fold-up AI coupling are the Nikkormat FT3, F3, EL2, FM, and FE. (Maybe F4????). Fold-Up AI couplings have a little release next to the tab that allows it to fold out of the way, and not get crushed. Non-AI cameras can use this lens safely.

A great lens, I have it.

I have a N8008, should it be able to work with it?

NO: The N8008 has a non-folding AI coupling. You could have a technician modify the lens to use on it, but it will damage the camera if you try to mount it as is.

I have an N8008s. Basically, any camera introduced after 1981 or so dropped the folding AI coupling mechanism and cannot use this lens. The aperture ring must be cut-out to index with the AI coupling and not jam/destroy it.

On a humorous note, my N8008s used to be a digital camera.

Since this may be a difficult lens to re-home due to it being non AI, i will consider people that already have one that would like a EX condition backup copy, provided they have a camera it will mount on.

This pre-AI Nikkor lens will mount and will shoot in Manual exposure mode with both ambient light and Manual flash control with the pop-up flash on the "baby Nikon" bodies: D40,D40x,D60,D3000,D3100,D3200,D5000,D5100,and D5200.

Those bodies lack two control interfaces--the absence of said controls being what permits pre-AI lenses to be mounted without causing damage to the camera: The "baby Nikons" lack the Ai coupling tab, located at 1 o'clock, AND they also lack the minimum aperture sensing tab, which is located at 7 o'clock. The "fat" aperture ring on Nikkors of this vintage can easily shear off the minimum aperture sensing pin...and then you're hosed...with that pin ruined, the camera errors out, thinking that the lens aperture is not set to minimum.

The D50 and D70 series will NOT accept this lens!!!!!

(edited for additional clarity.)

Last edited:
I'm a collector and have just bought a lens-less Nikon F2A. This lens would be a nice complement for it. Clearly I don't NEED the lens, plus I'm in Canada, but if you don't find a suitable home for this lens please consider me as a willing dumpster :)

I have a friend with a D3100 and a kit lens that would benefit greatly from a fast prime. They don't post on the forum though, so I'm not sure me asking for it qualifies since I don't own a Nikon it will mount on.

I probably don't meet the 4th criteria, but I would love to have a fast prime lens with my recently purchased first DSLR Nikon D5100... with this lens, I can improve my manual photography skills, specially with low light portraits, which is my favorite shooting scenario but sometimes the included in the bundle 18-55 lens can't do the job well without flash... thanks for sharing and giving us an opportunity to have this little jewel...

On shift today. Last bump before i wrap it up. Old lens, but in EX condition. Better deal than anything you will find on ebay!
Looking for a good forever home for this lens where it can get used again.

I have a friend with a D3100 and a kit lens that would benefit greatly from a fast prime. They don't post on the forum though, so I'm not sure me asking for it qualifies since I don't own a Nikon it will mount on.

I got an old 50 1/4 at the shop for 50 bucks dude, can probly get it lowered a bit. I think it will work on a 3100, all manual obviously. Actually, last time I tried it on one it said "lens not attached", I forgot how to work around that. Have not had Nikon in a long time so I forget stuff.

Sorry for the hijack there pix, I shoulda just PM'ed Tyler. lol. For those who messaged me, the lens is not for sale online, boss likes to sell the oldies locally, not on the net. She's old school.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back