Don't Like Digital

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can he prove a negative? I think he's partially right too. Makeup helps a little bit. And sometimes it gets in the way more than it helps. If retouching takes 10 min. for one with no makeup then in a helpful circumstance it's going to take 9 min. That's not allot IMO.

The trouble I see here is that Alpha is under the impression that it's a matter of resolution when actually that has very little to do with it. In fact higher resolutions are actually much harder to work with! Or is that what you were asking him to prove?

I still don't see how he's going to go about proving that though. :p

I'm sorry, I've read this thread carefully and I can't see why it was ever started. The OP doesn't like "35mm" digital - fine, get MF digital. It exists and is much used, though obviously only in professional circles as it's very costly. Till then stick with film. What's the argument about? I think you'll find the best "35mm" digital cameras now well up there with 35mm film.

If you want to go beyond what MF digital can offer you, look at the CCDs used on serious astronomical telescopes. I don't know what their resolution is now, but it was way beyond today's maximum "35mm" resolution as long as 10 years ago. And also look at their prices.

I remember an astronomer friend of mine buying a Casio 4mp compact, as the first pocket camera that he found even remotely acceptable.

But whoever is using models like that is operating on a shoestring anyway! That girl didn't even wash her hair!! OMG! :p

Could you please remove that edit? I'd rather not have to flag the post.
Thanks.

By the way, that was a rather poor edit anyway.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, I've read this thread carefully and I can't see why it was ever started.

It was started so that I could more concretely demonstrate/explain how a 12.8MP camera may or may not meed my needs.

The trouble I see here is that Alpha is under the impression that it's a matter of resolution when actually that has very little to do with it. In fact higher resolutions are actually much harder to work with!

I'm sorry but after that edit you did I'm gonna have to mostly tune out your pontifications on retouching. ;)

Or were you simply proving my point by doing a sub-par edit on a shot that wasn't big enough?

You can save face by saying yes.

It was started so that I could more concretely demonstrate/explain how a 12.8MP camera may or may not meed my needs.

So why not entitle it more accurately? As you've stated it you did start a discussion but achieved little else.

And if you're asking who other people are, who are you? You see fit to describe yourself as a troll.

So why not entitle it more accurately? As you've stated it you did start a discussion but achieved little else.

And if you're asking who other people are, who are you? You see fit to describe yourself as a troll.

Bugger off, will you? That "troll extraordinaire" title was not my doing. It's out of my control.

I'll be the judge of whether or not I've achieved what I set out to. Inflammatory titles attract more people. Never mind that "don't like digital" actually has many more nuanced caveats in the thread itself.

Just from what I have been reading I would say Mr. Max that you have been entirely spoiled with film (said in a positive way) and that you would indeed not be happy with any of the current high end Canon or Nikon line-up. Honestly, if I were you I would hold out for a MF digital back with some stunning Schneider glass

Just from what I have been reading I would say Mr. Max that you have been entirely spoiled with film (said in a positive way) and that you would indeed not be happy with any of the current high end Canon or Nikon line-up. Honestly, if I were you I would hold out for a MF digital back with some stunning Schneider glass

:hugs:

Alpha, what is your point of all of this. You seem smart enough to know what you want and what to do to get what you want.

I think there are too many men in this thread.

Ever hear the old adage that men always feel the need to offer a solution?

I have no questions that need answering, no problems that internet banter can fix. Let's just talk. Who cares if we get somewhere.

Pointless ramble to me more than a discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back