Down size to M4/3

My local camera store is an Olympus dealer but they don't stock anything. I ordered it all thru them.
That seems rather slow for a dealer, have you been chasing them for a delivery date? I normally get things ordered from China etc. within 5 weeks, but if they are a dealer they should be getting it from the distributor in your country, which would normally be expected to have stock & have fresh deliveries fairly frequently.

Still not here. Supposedly it shipped yesterday and should arrive tomorrow. We will see.

I ordered the EM1 MarkII, 12-40 f2.8, 300 F4 and the 1.4 tele convertor over a month ago the lens have come in but I'm still waiting for the camera. Hoping it show up soon.
I haven't used the 300mm, but the 12-40 is such a sweet lens!! I think you'll like it.

Finally picked up the camera last night haven't had much time to play yet but here is a shot.
P5110048.jpg

I'm thinking M4/3 because of the extra crop factor. Maximum reach/minimum weight.

Be advised that a smaller sensor won't increase "reach." That is function of focal length. What it will do is produce a cropped version of the subject as it would have been rendered with a larger sensor. You can do exactly the same thing with a larger sensor by cropping in the computer. The larger the sensor, the better the overall performance.

I'm thinking M4/3 because of the extra crop factor. Maximum reach/minimum weight.

Be advised that a smaller sensor won't increase "reach." That is function of focal length. What it will do is produce a cropped version of the subject as it would have been rendered with a larger sensor. You can do exactly the same thing with a larger sensor by cropping in the computer. The larger the sensor, the better the overall performance.

larger sensor= larger camera, and more importantly, larger glass to cover that sensor.
considering the main reason for the switch in the OP was weight, m4/3 seems ideal for downsizing.

larger sensor= larger camera, and more importantly, larger glass to cover that sensor.
considering the main reason for the switch in the OP was weight, m4/3 seems ideal for downsizing.

Maybe. I moved to an APS-C mirroless for the same reason and have definitely achieved my goal.

Most reactions

Back