Dpreview glowing d850 review

jaomul

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Nikon D850 Review

What's funny though is even though they state it is probably the best dslr they've ever used and gave it 89%, lots of the comments argue that other cameras got 90 and 91%. Haha, people take these numbers so seriously, and it seems we photography enthusiasts are whinging and whining about silly things

It's the same with field.

Some rely strictly on the numbers. Junk X is the best! The numbers don't lie!
Some rely on feel. Junk Y is the best because it's the most ergonomic therefore the easiest to use.
Some will say it's the person. No junk is any good without me! I make my junk the best.
Some will use don't give a crap and just use their junk.

Accept @tirediron he just sits at home alone playing with his junk. :bouncingsmileys:

They concluded it may be the finest still camera in the history of photography- then gave it a "B+"!

Ha ha- OK. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Last edited:
I really don't consider much of what those people say, they are being paid from what I understand. I'd rather read a review from someone not on Nikon's payroll.

Some rely on feel. Junk Y is the best because it's the most ergonomic therefore the easiest to use.
Some will say it's the person. No junk is any good without me! I make my junk the best.

Accept @tirediron he just sits at home alone playing with his junk. :bouncingsmileys:
:bouncingsmileys:

I didnt know he played with Macro

I really don't consider much of what those people say, they are being paid from what I understand. I'd rather read a review from someone not on Nikon's payroll.

the problem with any review site is that they all want to reach the point where manufacturers are sending them gear to test. when that happens, they automatically become a biased source since they will want to keep them happy and not lose their sources of either money or free/discounted gear.

the problem with any review site is that they all want to reach the point where manufacturers are sending them gear to test. when that happens, they automatically become a biased source since they will want to keep them happy and not lose their sources of either money or free/discounted gear.
Yup. Couldn't find much on the Fujifilm when I purchased it. I guess they don't play that way.

Yup. Couldn't find much on the Fujifilm when I purchased it. I guess they don't play that way.

i dont put much stock in review sites. its easy for me because the only information I ever look for is specs and images taken. i can usually get that right from the manufacturers website. The only to get a real visceral opinion on a piece of equipment is to use it yourself. not always possible obviously, but I would put more faith in forum or FB/IG/whatever group posts from actual users before relying on someone being paid to review the same product.
i dont care any for the reviewers spin, brown nosing, or ramblings about how the camera manufacturer is going to go out of business for producing their latest monstrosity.

not that review sites arent worth visiting. ive done a lot of research using DXOmark (and their wonky rating system) and DPreview (mostly for specs).
i

They concluded it may be the finest still camera in the history of photography- then gave it a "B+"!
That's what happens when you give an inferior camera a score that is higher than it deserves. In academics, it's called "grade inflation", and it leaves the grader with very little "wiggle room" to adjust scores later on.

They gave the Sony A9 too high of a score, so now with something that is better in many areas, they would have to give it "100". Couldn't do that, so they gave the D850 an artificially low score in an attempt to cover their own rear ends.

It is not a system with 100 being the top score. The total score is the average of the 3 sub scores (color, dynamic range, iso). They even state future cameras can have scores higher than 100.
The Sensor Overall Score is logarithmic: A 5-point difference on the scale corresponds to a gain or loss of sensitivity of 1/3 of a stop.

Also they only test cameras that shoot RAW!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back