Dwelling from 1610, Jamestown VA

Rachelsne

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well we took a 30 minute car ride with the visiting inlaws (who are from Ohio) to the Jamestown Settlement Museum.

I was a tiny bit disappointed with how small it is in comparison to Colonial Williamsburg, but we still had an enjoyable time.

This is how a house would have looked in the 1600's

Oh and it wasnt snowing in VA today-its May so it was in the 70's I was taking pics in the mid day sun and I blew out the ground so I turned my picture into something a bit different.

I dont normally do surreal /very manipulated images so opinions on this and the picture its self are apricated, thanks

2522229095_fd9df5e898_o.jpg

to be honest i think it looks pretty fake. partly because its rarely if ever sunny and snowing at the same time. though I don't mind the ground being blown out too much, the exposure on the rest seems nice. I'd like to see it without the 'snow' also you could crop most of the foreground off and some with the top.

JC

Nice to see someone else spending too much time experimenting in Photoshop.
I agree that a tighter crop may work better and if possible darken out some of the lights in the background and possibly add a little settled snow on the roof if possible. A fun image in and case.

Most reactions

Back