eagles in flight (4)

squirl033

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
a few shots of eagles in flight taken at the park near my house...

IMG_7900sm.jpg

IMG_7899smpsp9.jpg

IMG_1876sm.jpg

IMG_8861sm.jpg

wow. amazing shots. #2 and #4 just blow me away. i'm jealous i don't have any wild bald eagles in this area.

i'm guessing you took these with your 100-400L?

WOW! Nice shots. I would love to photograph one someday!!

thanks, everyone!

i'm guessing you took these with your 100-400L?

yep... that lens is very good out to about 50-75 yards. beyond that, the need to crop starts to hurt IQ, and the AF doesn't seem to work as well. unfortunately, i can't afford the 600 f/4, so i'll have to make do with the 100-400 for a while longer...

Holy schmick.

Okay, I have a question for you, because I've run into this problem and haven't been able to fix it. How did you get an even exposure of the sky and the birds? I've always had to either blow-out the sky or end-up underexposing the bird. :-/

CPL? *suppresses his lens envy*

Holy schmick.

Okay, I have a question for you, because I've run into this problem and haven't been able to fix it. How did you get an even exposure of the sky and the birds? I've always had to either blow-out the sky or end-up underexposing the bird. :-/

CPL? *suppresses his lens envy*

answer... judicious post-processing. ;) most of these had little or no underside detail, but with careful editing, i can bring out some shadow detail without blowing the sky.

Nicely done, I love #1, my only problem with it is the obvious (presumably) exposure correction you had to do to it, showing major niose in the wings and body.

Blast. If I do the same on my 450D it brings in an incredible amount of noise. Maybe some better glass would help matters...oh well.

oh WOW, WOW, WOW 2 is great but 4 just takes my breath away!!:thumbup::thumbup:

These are great. #2 is a standout for me and just incredible. I've only seen a bald eagle twice in my lifetime, so being able to photograph one would be something special....good job.

#1 is really flat and has allot of noise, compared to the other images, looks asif this was taken with a different lens (but obviously wasn't)

#1 is really flat and has allot of noise, compared to the other images, looks asif this was taken with a different lens (but obviously wasn't)

yeah, there is some noise from trying to bring out detail under the wings... i'll have to reprocess this one...

Really nice shots well done!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back