EBay Crappy Pics

Zen1300

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It never ceases to amaze me how many people selling lenses on ebay can't even take a focused picture of the lens. To make matters worse, many of them state, "product in good shape, see pics for details."

Then don't bother with the auction and move on.

Life's too short to worry about it. Go shoot something instead.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people selling lenses on ebay can't even take a focused picture of the lens. To make matters worse, many of them state, "product in good shape, see pics for details."
yeah... seen many of those and frankly I do mind :D

Not everybody has marketing skills.

Nor photography skills, either.

agree

but

everybody can see that the photo is oof ...and .... if you want to try to sell something you should make some effort and try to click tens of times till photo looks decent enough

just a bit effort from the seller's side, that's all

You think this is bad?

On model forums I regularly see people showing off their paintwork with an out-of-focus blurry photo. Often as not with the camera so close the focus is on the background because its inside the min-focusing distance.

I blame it on the LCD mostly - things oft look sharp there or at least acceptably sharp and many people don't want the bother of taking and moving another photo into the computer

I blame it on the LCD mostly - things oft look sharp there or at least acceptably sharp and many people don't want the bother of taking and moving another photo into the computer
Nope. I still blame the people :D

Sometimes I wonder if the seller is hiding some damage or defect, but usually just conclude people are lazy.

It's probably a good thing that they are selling their camera gear.

Maybe that's why they're selling their gear.
emoticon-0103-cool.gif

Works for me. Crappy photos means a less competitive auction.

I've read allegations of crafty sellers deliberately putting up substandard photos on for-sale listings of poor condition photo gear, as well as other types of products, as a way to avoid clearly showing problems/blemishes/defects/wear and tear on items being auctioned. And knowing what I know about people, I would think that yeah, at times, that **is why** sometimes the photos on on-line auction items are crummy. Not always, but at least some of the time, I think the bad photos are done deliberately.

Agree with Derrel. A cell phone snap can take a decent in focus photo. When i see things out of focus it makes me a little leery.... About anyone can take a in focus photo it isn't rocket science and fairly automatic at this point. you would have to try in some cases to make it out of focus.

Derrel's right. When I sold camera gear on eBay, I always took the best photos I possibly could given the gear I had at the time because I WANTED people to see exactly what they were buying.

here's my last ebay photo:

$_57.JPG

Most reactions

New Topics

Back