"Emma"

Martha

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, this is my first post. It is MUCH easier to read other peoples pictures being critiqued than to submit one of your own to be picked at. This is a whole new step and I'm nervous to take it. Though I love pointers! LOL...Anyway...This is my DD today...enjoying the BEAUTIFUL first day of Spring..however windy it was...anyway...here it is...I'd love your thoughts...I know the red shed/barn in the back could "go" but I dont have much choice for back grounds around my house....anyway..here it is

Taken with Nikon D80, 18-135 lens...natural light...some curves messed with in PSP 8

3-21-07106ashrunk.jpg

I would boost the contrast and go b&w with this.

i agree, maybe some curve adjustment would help too. but i do like the shot

My the 18-135 has some nice bokeh. That's probably what I like the most about it!

I agree with harrison, just a wee bit more contrast and saturation, but leave it in color and give it a slight vignette and a border. Once you do that, I think you'll be golden.

I have one in b&w...It does look great like that..I'm a sucker for b&w though...I'll get loaded and post it within the next day...

Upped the contrast, converted to B&W, burned a little and....

3-21-07106ashrunk.jpg

Very nice...I like it...

Here is the original...should I have left the curves alone? Seems the one you changed the contrast on is a bit closer to the original...I just thought that it might have been to dark around her eyes?? Maybe not? LMK what you think about the original. THANKS for all the comments so far...it really does help to have other peoples opinions about my photo(s) :)

3-21-07106o.jpg

I wish her fingernails weren't painted...
It takes away from her "little girlishness."

I like the B&W that harrisoncj posted. I'm a sucker for high contrast...

I wish we could see more to the left. The crop of her hair/head being cut off is bothering me... but that's just me.

I like the original better to be honest. the curves adjustment removed a lot of the redness from her face, and made her arm very light. The original has a more lively feel IMO. Not to mention the original really shows how golden her hair is.

If I would do anything, just a slight bump in contrast and saturation, otherwise I think its a great picture.

Thanks guys/gals....

and lol about the painted nails...my daughter ALWAYS Has painted nails...she even paints her own and is only 4 (granted it doesn't look as "pretty" when she does it)...

ANyway..thanks for all the C&C....:D

This image has so much potential!

I increased vibrance and saturation, deepened the shadows, brought up the highlights a little bit, dodged her eyes so you can see them, added a vignette, layered a gaussian blur on top of that to soften up her skin, and put a border on it.

what do you think?

32107106oshowst0.jpg

i love the original one you posted. feels more like im really there. feels like summer! by the way the subject is gorgeous... my daughters name is Emma... okay sorry for getting side tracked, it sjust my opinion that the soft almost faded colors give me that sleepy summertime feel i remember as child

i love the original one you posted. feels more like im really there. feels like summer! by the way the subject is gorgeous... my daughters name is Emma... okay sorry for getting side tracked, it sjust my opinion that the soft almost faded colors give me that sleepy summertime feel i remember as child

I agree, I was never a small girl, but as a small boy in the summers back in the day, which actually wasn't too long ago ;). I can relate to that lazy summer feeling though, so yeah. I like the shot. I wish the top of her head wasn't cut off though. But still a really nice shot.

Oooh I like that one too...

Ok question...HOW do I get a vignette on my photo...I use Print Shop Pro 8 OR Photo Impact Pro...I havne't found out do do that....I did figure out dodge tool the other day...

Thanks SO much for all the C&C...you all are awesome and have given me lots of tips....I'll have to dig out another photo to share soon.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back