Engagement Series...Meg and Ben

NJMAN

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Far beyond the bowels of human existence...Minneso
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here is a recent engagement shoot that I did. They are getting married in a month. C&C always welcome please. Thanks for looking. :)

IMG_7209_2_700.jpg

IMG_7227_2_700.jpg

IMG_7247_2_700.jpg

IMG_7276_2_700.jpg

IMG_7269_2_700.jpg

IMG_7351_2_700.jpg

IMG_7366_2_BW_700.jpg

IMG_7315_2_700_BWoverlay.jpg

Thanks for looking! :)

NJ

Okay in my opinion number one is by far the best but I would have cropped it under their arms. I don't think the space below that adds anything to the shot. But everything else about that shot is very very good.

I can only concentrate on one at a time so that's my comment. But the rest are very nice as well and could benefit from a similar crop in my opinion.

Okay in my opinion number one is by far the best but I would have cropped it under their arms. I don't think the space below that adds anything to the shot. But everything else about that shot is very very good.

I can only concentrate on one at a time so that's my comment. But the rest are very nice as well and could benefit from a similar crop in my opinion.

Thanks for taking the time to comment mystery! Ya, I was thinking of cropping that first one, then forgot...DOH! Thanks for pointing it out.

NJ

They all look great, But I thought that 1, 2 and 5 really jumped off the page so to speak.

I like your conversion in number 8 as well.

Good job.

maybe it's my works monitor but the hand in No8 looks very bright to me.

The rest are really great. You are now producing work anyone would be proud of.

A great looking couple and nice relaxed poses. Great job.

Only #8 and #6 give me the feeling that these two are in love. The others look almost "Brother and Sister" to me.

All very good shots. 3, 6 & 8 are my favorites.

Thanks naturegirl. I really appreciate your comments! :)

maybe it's my works monitor but the hand in No8 looks very bright to me.

The rest are really great. You are now producing work anyone would be proud of.

A great looking couple and nice relaxed poses. Great job.

I tried to make the hand stand out in #8 because I wanted it to be the focal point, especially the ring. On my work monitor, its just right to me, but on my home monitor, it is a bit bright. So, I had to make a judgement call. I see what you are saying though. I could tone it down some.

Regarding your other comments, that means a LOT to me! Thank you so much for the kind words. This couple was really great to work with, and so cooperative. They were very natural in front of the camera, and they held up very well in 90 degree heat for over an hour! It was a nice experience, and they were glad to do it. That made the job so enjoyable for me.

NJ

Only #8 and #6 give me the feeling that these two are in love. The others look almost "Brother and Sister" to me.

Thanks RM for looking and commenting.

I would have thought the ring was the tip off in the other photos to indicate they were not brother and sister. ;) :lol:

NJ

I didn't mean that I "REALLY" thought they were brother and sister, just that I didn't feel a connection. I would've liked to see more intimacy with them... Something that really connected them, like the last picture.

For instance #7 looks like a promotional photo for a play. No emotion, just smile.

By the way all of these are GREAT photos... love the feel and the coloring.

I didn't mean that I "REALLY" thought they were brother and sister, just that I didn't feel a connection. I would've liked to see more intimacy with them... Something that really connected them, like the last picture.

For instance #7 looks like a promotional photo for a play. No emotion, just smile.

By the way all of these are GREAT photos... love the feel and the coloring.

LOL, I know, I was just kidding ya...Thanks very much for commenting again RM. I appreciate it. :)

NJ

Nice series however your WB is a bit off in some, most noticable in #3, easy fix just adjust the red curve, it lagging a bit. #1 has a bit too much magenta in their skin tones, also a curve asjustment, green this time. See if you like these. Please let me know. EDIT: Sorry just saw the Not ok to edit, I apologise, removed.

Nice series however your WB is a bit off in some, most noticable in #3, easy fix just adjust the red curve, it lagging a bit. #1 has a bit too much magenta in their skin tones, also a curve asjustment, green this time. See if you like these. Please let me know. EDIT: Sorry just saw the Not ok to edit, I apologise, removed.

Thanks for the comments and critique Peniole! :D No problem, I just prefer to edit my own pics, but thank you just the same. I appreciate your advice. :)

NJ

Most reactions

Back