Erase and Expose

PNA

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
After slecting and the layer via copy....I can erase but I can't expose more of the photo in the layer.
What tool and setting can I use to expose more of the photo in the layer???

Thanks.

I think your missing a word after "selecting". Or my reading comprehension has isn't what it used to be.

I'm sure I didn't explain correctly, so I'll try again.....I select a portion of the image with the magic wand and then layer via copy, now I work with the layer. I now want to erase and reveal portions of the image. I can only erase with the erase tool , but I can not add any image from the background image into the layer image.
First, can I reveal into the layer form the background?
Second, what tool and setting are used?

Hope I'm clearer with my question this time.

I think I'll start a new thread.....

Thanks

Photoshop?

I just turn on the background layer and don't worry about copying into the new layer. I do a file- save as .jpg to merge them into one and save the psd because I screw up a lot.

???

or use a mask, instead of an eraser, so you can change it later on if you want, and change the layers blending mode, certain modes i.e. darken, will darken the shot where you havn't erased. if you want to do this more specifically add a new adjustment layer / levels or curves, and darken as you want. then turn the opacity down some, and mask where you don't want it to be darker, there are tons of ways to do this.

just play with it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back