Essential DSLR Accessories

AlexColeman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What do you feel is the one accessory you couldn't live without for your DSLR, disregarding a battery, lens, so forth.

Off camera flash opens up so many additional opportunities its amazing. Usefull indoors and outdoors.

A good CP filter for people who enjoy outdoor pictures. I have good ones and cheap ones. There is a difference!

Couldn't live without is a bit extreme. I do like my comfortable Op/Tech strap, my Giotto LCD cover, and my snap-cap lens caps a lot. I could live without them but I'd rather have them.

Tripod, wireless remote.

wireless remote, tripod, CP, and a good flash.

Alot of you mentioned CP, what is you favorite brand.

Nikon. Must haves: Up-Strap, like American Express, no camera leaves home without it. Should have 1 or more SB-800/900's.

A black Domke gripper strap makes it easier and more secure to let the camera hang off of your shoulder and it looks much classier than the brightly colored STEAL ME straps that they ship with the camera. Besides, they ain't paying you to advertise for them.

tripod, wireless remote, CPL, external flash(es)

-------------

Last edited:
My computer and processing software.

For my end of the year spending I could have purchased a new 5D mkII or a couple of fancy lenses, but somehow rationality prevailed, and instead I got a much faster, more powerful computer, Lightroom 2, and upgraded to CS4. Less exciting, but much more productive. I've had them for about 2 months now, and it was definitely the right choice.

A good CP filter for people who enjoy outdoor pictures. I have good ones and cheap ones. There is a difference!

I bought one for $2.95 on eBay, but I just thought they were cheap.. What should I expect to pay to get a quality CP filter? Name brands?

Fancy Circ-pols are easily $100, $150 made by companies like B+W. I don't use them in my subjects of choice, so I've never bothered to pick one up, aside from the cheapish Hoya that I bought a long time ago (mostly used it on film cameras). The big price difference may be that for modern autofocus cameras you have to use a circular polarizer rather than a linear, which are a lot cheaper.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back