Ever Photographed Anybody Famous?

Note the distinct lack of any Canadian political entities. Makes me wonder, do we even *have* a government out there or are they like muppets, fake and on TV only? LOL

I did a concert with Headly and Tokio Hotel and a local Montreal band, but did not think it was in the genre of what the thread was about.

I don't think shooting from a press box, in a pit, or behind a cordon counts as working with a celebrity! Though I don't think the OP is suggesting that.

The ones I have worked with have usually been in an informal setting rather then in a photo studio as I have always been doing reportage in those situations - but I have never had any issues. I've only ever encountered politeness, and grace - even if I ask them to quickly pose for a shot (not so reportage).

Just a couple :)

214739184_fDDPk-M.jpg

261890049_Zt3eF-M.jpg

272167625_RTuRW-M.jpg

(with Evan Bayh, D-Ind.)

270295663_igDuD-M.jpg

367440874_t9NN7-M.jpg

367451382_tfDFQ-M.jpg

(David Axelrod, chief strategist for the Obama campaign)

377935409_am8Uf-M.jpg

(Madeline Albright for the uninitiated)

Those are amazing!

My wife used to work for BMG in Times Square, so I got to go back stage with Aerosmith and talked for several minutes with the entire band. Pictures archived somewhere-I'm looking them up now.. Also, Bob Marley and Kid Rock. They were both great! Prince was different, however, because that little fella sent a rider instructing people to not even attempt to talk to him. So i didn't, even thought I was inches from him as he sipped his drink after the show.

Slightly vague thread. By photographed do you mean they had an appointment or you were in the pressbox with a 300mm lens? What do you mean by famous? Household name or otherwise famous?

I have had senators and regionally and particularly famous people in my "chair". Have to say they are a lot more photogenic then my commercial clients.

Love & Bass

I don't think shooting from a press box, in a pit, or behind a cordon counts as working with a celebrity! Though I don't think the OP is suggesting that.

The ones I have worked with have usually been in an informal setting rather then in a photo studio as I have always been doing reportage in those situations - but I have never had any issues. I've only ever encountered politeness, and grace - even if I ask them to quickly pose for a shot (not so reportage).

What if you were commissioned by said person/band/entity to photograph them from a photo pit, sideline, etc...

What if you were commissioned by said person/band/entity to photograph them from a photo pit, sideline, etc...

I'm not responsible for the parameters of the definition, but I'm going to say yes. Yes that counts. After all, you have to work with them. I have been commissioned to work in the pit by bands. They see photography as artistic so I've usuallty been treated very well not just by the band but especially by the rest of the entourage and management etc.

EDIT: I've been lucky so far though I think. I'm sure I'll have a few more horror stories to tell in a few years...

Last edited:
Well I went to see David Beckham play for the first, and probably last time in New Zealand a month or two ago. LA Galaxies vs WhateverOurTeamWas. That's how much I know about soccer. x]

It was with my phone's camera though, I didn't get my D60 till yesterday. Also, got a few snaps of some famous tennis players at the Heineken Open in New Zealand a week ago. That's basically a mini-tournament held in New Zealand before they go to play in Australia, it's good practice because we have the same courts.

Yeah, don't know anything about tennis either. :x

Hmmm... reality tv celebs considered famous? if yes, then I did. :)

Prince was different, however, because that little fella sent a rider instructing people to not even attempt to talk to him. So i didn't, even thought I was inches from him as he sipped his drink after the show.

Heh - that's our little purple friend. An incredible musician (best live performer I ever saw), but from all accounts, kind of a richard.

Heh - that's our little purple friend. An incredible musician (best live performer I ever saw), but from all accounts, kind of a richard.

A richard, indeed... He was a big dick... I, being one of his loyal fans, couldn't even shake his hand or get his autograph.... He acted like his fans were burdening him...

I went to a ralley for Obama where Bill Clinton spoke and right before he shook my hand in a frenzy of hands thrust at him I was able to snap this off

Clinton.JPG

Had the, "Pleasure" of shaking this D-bag's hand at work a few years ago... and taking a picture of him with my BlackBerry.

3222242606_8b2966fbab.jpg

Most reactions

Back