Exercises to do for increased stability

chuasam

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hand holding my non-stabilized 85mm lens I got thinking, what are good exercises to do to increase hand held stability.
I know about tucking my elbows in and how to hold a camera but what are the best muscles to develop to ensure clearer images.

(All of your muscles) do Yoga, Pilates, isometrics, free weights, aerobics,

Last edited:
Drop your code body temperature to 31°F.
coldsmiley.gif

The tactical breathing is super useful.
The string support looks too silly and I can't rapid fire because I'm using studio lights. The fastest synch I can get my camera to do is 1/160s after which a black line appears if I shoot faster than that.
I typically use my 70-200 /2.8 VRII but sometimes I need to get in close and that lens has a minimum focus distance of about 5'.

Lift a monopod at the start of every shoot! Thread it underneath the gear that needs support. Repeat.

I do lots of 12oz curls to increase my stamina. But if I do too many everything gets shakey regardless.

Work on your core muscles. They aren't going to bulk you up as much as improve your balance and coordination.

One thing I do sometimes is to wrap the neck strap around my wrists, taking up all the slack. The strap is still behind my neck, but the loose section has been wrapped around my wrists to make the strap just long enough to pull the camera back onto my face.

*sigh* no escaping it then. I have to hit the gym and work on my core

Skip the exercise nonsense and use a tripod. :)

Is tripod is non conducive to my style of shooting. It intimidates the subject

Most reactions

New Topics

Back