Exercises to do for increased stability

Does a banana or two improve breath control? seriously, not kidding: I thought world-class woodwind and wind instrument players swore by bananas helping with breath control? And have I read somewhere that many high-level surgeons feel that banana eaten before surgery help improve hand steadiness?

I read many years ago that a good number of tournament darts players swear that ONE, 12 ounce beer improves their game, but any more is detrimental. Again, not kidding, totally serious. My darts game is pretty week....1,2,3 beers, I still am crappy...

What are you supposed to do with the banana?

Does a banana or two improve breath control? seriously, not kidding: I thought world-class woodwind and wind instrument players swore by bananas helping with breath control? And have I read somewhere that many high-level surgeons feel that banana eaten before surgery help improve hand steadiness
I recall a few years ago on the woodwind forums I'm on about talks about bananas. Tends to give ppl the runs if I recall, and cleans out their system. If taken early enough it, and it clears out your system it does seem to make breathing easier.

Myself, I work on being in shape so breathing is easier that way. bananas are used for recovery mixes, added to breakfast cereal and part of my smoothie ingredients (vanilla ice cream, orange juice and bananas).

For certain players though, if you shove the banana up the instrument they may sound better :)

For certain players though, if you shove the banana up the instrument they may sound better :)
and for Justin Bieber, shoving the banana up someplace else would make him less annoying

I have the workout video Abs of Flab, and that one keeps me pretty calm. But really you do not need to heft heavy weights, a couple of 10 pounders will work if you use them correctly. I still rely on technique over body strength. Even doing pushups, situps, and pullups will help you. And they are a fine way to get started.

Planking exercise help your core and arms to a lesser extent they can done anywhere theres a floor.

Most reactions

Back