Experience with the Sony 50mm 1.8?

otherprof

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I would appreciate hearing personal evaluations of this lens.
Thanks in advance.

Personal observation. Seems quite pricey for a 50mm f1.8 at $300.00. 50mm really isn't a lens that I would consider needing Image Stabilization. Does seem to get good ratings from owners.

Personal observation. Seems quite pricey for a 50mm f1.8 at $300.00. 50mm really isn't a lens that I would consider needing Image Stabilization. Does seem to get good ratings from owners.

I just dropped $500 today on a 23mm f2 fuji. BUT, it is amazing. Super micro contrast and sharpness. So, to the oop, I would check the flickr pages out on the lens and see what you think visually. Sometimes you have to spend it to get it.

I just dropped $500 today on a 23mm f2 fuji. BUT, it is amazing. Super micro contrast and sharpness. So, to the oop, I would check the flickr pages out on the lens and see what you think visually. Sometimes you have to spend it to get it.

Thanks for the quick responses. Adorama has the Sony on sale tomorrow for $200, and I thought It would make a nice portrait lens and improve my low light shooting.

Enjoy it. I know you'll make good use of it!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back