Falls Curve Photoshoot!

Paparoksguitar

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
this is my first post in the professional area, i did a photoshoot with a local band: Falls Curve.

I think they'll like the photos. Let me know what you think, please be critical i wanna know everything i did wrong!
1268601124.jpg

img5338small.jpg
img5338small.jpg

I know the whole shopping cart idea is a bit cliche' but they found a shopping cart in the parking garage and just ran with it. so i figured why not.
fallscurveeleweb.jpg

fc5382small.jpg

fallscurveeleweb.jpg

fc5382small.jpg

Last edited:
not one comment? well. that's disappointing.

I added a new one to the top you guys might like better...?

Please view it 100% though because the resizer makes it look soft focus to me

Ok, i'll give you my feedback.

I can see where you are going with these, and I can see your vision. However you really need to practice more with light.

A lot these shots are very under exposed and you are not using your light to make the band 'pop' or stand out at all.

Try getting creative with the lighting, try to over expose everything (just a little) because I know at times it looks fine on the back of your camera, then you get home and its dark.

I think one of the major down points of this shoot, is the band.. they look like rabbits in head lights.

Try to make them laugh, try some crazy things... people just standing looking at you is very boring.

If you are close to NYC come to my workshop, we will cover everything you need to know

Workshops | Leezon.com - Photography by Chris Gardner

I hope that helped

I can see where you are going with these, and I can see your vision. However you really need to practice more with light.

A lot these shots are very under exposed and you are not using your light to make the band 'pop' or stand out at all.

Try getting creative with the lighting, try to over expose everything (just a little) because I know at times it looks fine on the back of your camera, then you get home and its dark.

I think one of the major down points of this shoot, is the band.. they look like rabbits in head lights.

Try to make them laugh, try some crazy things... people just standing looking at you is very boring.

If you are close to NYC come to my workshop, we will cover everything you need to know

I hope that helped
well i agree with you on some of that, but a lot of your post i disagree on. Especially the bolded part, i guess you didn't see picture #2 though.
Thanks for the comment i guess.

even in the second picture, the two guys showing some emotion, look forced. (guy on top & guy on the left). and the other two are still blankly staring into the camera.

I hope that helped

I agree w/ everything Chris had to say.

well i appreciate your guyses honesty and chris i apologize for snapping at you. I was a little put off by the plug for your workshop so i kind of was under the impression that there wasnt a lot of sincerity in the post.
I will make sure to get more emotion out of them next time. thank you.

The first thing I thought was 'good starting point for those ultra-contrast look type shots. They're all missing punch and I don't necessarily mind the 'bland' looks on faces -- those are pretty typical these days in band promo shots.

Since you indicate photos are OK to edit, I ran them through topaz adjust after making a few selective exposure adjustments, and recomposed a few with crops:

fallscurveeleweb.jpg

fc5382small.jpg

1268601124.jpg

img5338small.jpg

Thanks for doing that, i like the crop especailly on the second photo.
The topaz is pretty cool, i seems really contrasty i don't know if i'd do that much.
thanks for showing me though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back