Fashion Shoot.. What you think?

platano

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was my first fashion show. Let me know what you think.. CC is always welcomed.

dsc6134.jpg

dsc6150.jpg

dsc6205.jpg

dsc6326.jpg

dsc6452.jpg

Awesome lighting....I wanna see more!

#1: it's alright but I don't really know about the composition. I can see the backstage (?) of the runway, and the sheet on the ceiling is kind of distracting.
#2: Don't like it. That light flash/glare is very distracting and I don't like the pose of the model either. Her legs are cut off, to make it worse.
My favorite is #3, look more like a fashion show than the majority of them. I like that you caught her in action and she (seems) unaware of the camera. Was this an amateur-ish fashion show? It kind of seems that way, just curious.
#4: Another good one, but I don't care for the lime green beam.
I feel like #5 has no energy at all..the stalest photo of the batch, imo.

Try looking through fashion magazines or google fashion runway photos and see how their photos are taken. I'm not saying you should emulate them but take note of their compositions and angles, and maybe you'll find yourself getting tips from them. :)

*are you dominican, lol

Thanks for the tips..
yes.. I am Dominican :p

Positive things about the shots... Clear , sharp and good lighting...
Negative things about them... composition and angles... It seems you where to close to the run way. For this types of events, it helps if you have a 70-200 or something a long those lines. So you can create a DOF when the background is too distracting... Bump up the ISO and aim for the eyes...

Just my two cents..

Positive things about the shots... Clear , sharp and good lighting...
Negative things about them... composition and angles... It seems you where to close to the run way. For this types of events, it helps if you have a 70-200 or something a long those lines. So you can create a DOF when the background is too distracting... Bump up the ISO and aim for the eyes...

Just my two cents..

Agreed...you definitely want to blur the background in this situation to pull your attention to the model that is in crisp focus.

The framing on #2 is a little uncomfortable for me too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back