Fastestone?

Donde

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
What is the general consensus on Fastsone as a processing program?

A very stable and well written program. Powerful, simple interface (old style). The editing tools are not overly aggressive and have a good scale to them. Underated program for sure. I have it on the wife's desktop and she uses it occasionally. If I used Windows, it would be the program I would use. I used to prefer it over GIMP but now I have become more proficient with it, so not sure if that would be the case today. I didn't care for the file management piece but I have always despised Windows file structure and explorer. For a regular windows user, I suppose this file interface would be welcome.

Used Faststone for many years, very effective, if you are short on cash and cant afford Lightroom then this is an acceptable program to process your pictures but if you can afford it then Lightroom is a far better program.

Thank you for those replies. I asked because my girlfriend downloaded it on her Mac. I wonder if there are better free processing programs for Mac that are available in Spanish. She is learning to use a Canon 7D I gave her.

Thank you for those replies. I asked because my girlfriend downloaded it on her Mac. I wonder if there are better free processing programs for Mac that are available in Spanish. She is learning to use a Canon 7D I gave her.
Free ?
This was my favorite free software, I didn't check all free software but this one served me well for few years, its good to learn the basics on it.

Where did she find Faststone for a Mac?

Well that's a good question. She has a Mac and when she mentioned downloading Faststone I assumed she downloaded it on that computer. But she also has a Windows laptop so maybe she downloaded it to that. I didn't see a Mac download option when I looked at the Faststone page. I'll have to ask her.

I did and Faststone is on her HP laptop.

Thought so. It's not free, but for $50 Affinity photo is a very close rival to Photoshop. Mac only app.

Thank you for that tip. I will take a look at it. Another I've seen is GIMP.

Thank you for that tip. I will take a look at it. Another I've seen is GIMP.
GIMP is very powerful but has a steep learning curve. You have to be determined to use and learn it.

What is the general consensus on Fastsone as a processing program?

decent viewer, not so good as an editing program (compared to free programs like GIMP, Canon DPP, etc)

Good to know about the GIMP learning curve. It meets at least two criteria though, it's free and available in Spanish.

Good to know about the GIMP learning curve. It meets at least two criteria though, it's free and available in Spanish.
It was the only viable editing program for me since I am using Linux. So I was forced to learn it or install Windows which wasn't going to happen. I like it well enough, considering I dislike editing. There are a ton of video learning tools on the web and this is basically how I learned other than the man pages.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back