Fight Club - Round 115: Results are in!

Fight Club

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Complete rules and procedures

This round is closed, and ready for your votes! Next round begins on Friday.

Vote in This Format said:
1. [Topic] - [User]
2. [Topic] - [User]
3. [Topic] - [User]
4. How many posts? - LaFoto
5. Let's not talk about that - Fight Club

Without further Ado, the photos!

1. Sizzle
JWellman
IMG_2692.jpg

libbettylou1010
DSC_0018.JPG

Speckles
DSC_1789-2-copy.jpg

Scoody
IMG_2689.JPG

2. West
JWellman
IMG_2686.jpg

libbettylou1010
DSC_0048.JPG

Scoody
IMG_2692.JPG

3. Tower
JWellman
IMG_2720.jpg

libbettylou1010
DSC_0033.JPG

Speckles
DSC_1810-copy.jpg

Scoody
IMG_2696.JPG

4. Excess
JWellman
IMG_2682.jpg

libbettylou1010
DSC_0064.JPG

Speckles
DSC_1819-copy.jpg

Scoody
IMG_2699.JPG

5. Pattern
JWellman
IMG_2702.jpg

libbettylou1010
DSC_0051.JPG

Speckles
DSC_1813-copy.jpg

Scoody
IMG_2700.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Woot! Woot! I did it! Hopefully the email went through! Not the best work I've ever done but it was a lot of fun. Kind of like a scavenger hunt. Thanks TPF!

I like the new process, I'll have to give it a spin this afternoon! :)

Crap... I emailed my photos instead of using the upload feature. :blushing:

I got them :) The uploader makes my life a bit easier, but isn't essential! I was up until 3 getting the new stuff ready, so I apologize if I didn't make the new rules and procedures page clear enough. It's been updated with screenshots!

Man, I don't know if I'm going to make it for this round... I even made a big post about it, lol. I just got way behind on all the crap I needed to do this week, and didn't have any time for photography... If I don't make it this week, I promise that I will next week. ;)

Man, I don't know if I'm going to make it for this round... I even made a big post about it, lol. I just got way behind on all the crap I needed to do this week, and didn't have any time for photography... If I don't make it this week, I promise that I will next week. ;)

New rule.

If you say you're playing, you have to. No backing out.

Ok, Ok ... I'll do it, lol.

I just have to burn up most of the roll tomorrow morning (that will be harder than FC). What's the last day to submit? (It's been a while...)

Last edited:
Ok, midnight Thursday - I think I can do that. That means I need to finish and develop the roll tomorrow, scan and upload some time Thursday. It will be Efke KB 50, if anybody cares, lol.

One question with the new website... I have to go there and enter my information to get the topics ... will there be any problems if I have to re-enter my information in order to upload? I mean, I'm not going to keep it open for a day or two ... I'm thinking I can just close it then resubmit my info and upload.

You can either do that, or just save the link to the submission page. It will change every week to prevent cheating, but this week, it will always be that address.

Alright, I'm a bit frustrated.

Good topics this week. Hard topics. Topics I should not have attempted while stressed and tired (I was trying to use Fight Club as a release valve). My photography brain was not working, and even after I came up with an idea for a topic, I really had a bear of a time wrestling with the lighting and composition, and I'm really, truly unhappy with my results. On the flip side, when I first started out in Fight Club if I'd come up with pics like these, I would have been thrilled, so I guess that means I'm growing, right? :lol:

To be honest, the new format messed me up; not because there was anything wrong with it, but because I'd gotten used to doing things a certain way and didn't prepare for the changes well enough.

For one thing, when we were doing it by email, I always had the nice little reminder in Gmail that said I received the email "20 minutes ago" or whatever, so I almost never actually looked at a clock while doing Fight Club before. This week, I looked at the topics, took a few moments to process some ideas, and then realized I had absolutely no idea what time I started. Perhaps you could add a countdown timer to the submission page?

Second, my upload technique previously involved letting Picasa do the heavy lifting. I have a synced album in Picasa that is set to upload everything added to it at no higher than 1600 pixels along the longest side. All I had to do each week was get my five photos, add them to the album, and up they go. This week, with the web form, I completely overlooked the fact that I'd have to resize them myself before submitting them, so now they're uploading at full 16mp resolution. It's been 7 or 8 minutes since I hit the submit button, and they're 28% completed (my upload speed on my DSL line sucks. I don't even know if that's just for the first file, or for all of them.

My family and I are moving this weekend so I may not be able to play next week, but I'll try.

So, to sum up, my submissions suck and they're not going to be uploaded in time anyways (15 minutes, 55% complete). :p Sorry for the griping - I'm not looking for pity or anything. Just venting. And I'm done. :lol:

They were definitely hard topics this week...and for my first time too! Perhaps using the uploader or sending by email would be an option. ?? Just thinking out load!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back