Fight Club - Round 115: Results are in!

It is an option, if you read the small print, but I greatly prefer the uploader. It makes it a lot easier on me. I guess it's really only problem with very large photo sizes anyways, and it's not difficult to resize before saving and uploading, which will alleviate the issue altogether. If you want to upload large images, they will be resized by me before posting, but it will take longer to upload. Maybe I should only allow .jpg or .png files so no one tries to submit .bmp or .tiff!

OrionsByte: Good suggestions! I added a timer to the page this morning, and when I get a chance, I'll see if there's anything I can do to resize images automatically. I'm not actually sure I can do that, but I'll look into it at least!

Last thing, if you wanted to try uploading smaller versions, I'd still accept them OB.

Last edited:
Thanks for the timer, that'll be nifty. As far as resizing, I'm not sure you'll be able to do that client-side before the files are uploaded, but if you could, that'd be sweet. I just have to remember to take that extra step myself. I can't believe how long it took to upload those files. Theoretically after I've moved this weekend I'll have a faster internet connection. We shall see.

Another option would be to allow the player to choose between uploading the files the way it already does, or just pasting links to files that have already been uploaded. Your script could verify that the link ends in ".jpg" or ".tif" so you can be reasonably assured it's correctly pointing to the image and not to the hosting page.

Anyways, like I said, I really wasn't in the proper frame of mind to take Fight Club on last night. I hope I didn't come off as overly negative. I really appreciate all you do just to keep Fight Club running. I just hate moving.

I think I'm going to break down and use digital for this, lol. Just dusted my 350D off and made sure it still worked... :lol:

I posted. First time doing anything like this. Not real happy with what i got but it's worth a shot. Anything to keep me learning. Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.
That's the way I am... honestly I haven't looked at any of the previous fights to see who won (Sorry Mr./Ms Winners) I just like seeing what everyone came up with! I can't wait to see...bring it on! LOL

Sorry you had an 'off' night Orionsbyte... I hate those days!

Whew. I got mine in on time, but I had to skip one topic. I was wasting too much time and got frustrated. lol

Just submitted mine.

I know that these won't be included now,which sucks, but would still like to show them and get some feedback. Still don't know why they didn't go through... Anyhow, here they are. I was limited to stuff at my house because my 3 yr old was in bed. Let me know what you think, Thanks.
1. Sizzle

Sizzle by bettylou0329, on Flickr
2. West

West by bettylou0329, on Flickr
3.Tower

Tower by bettylou0329, on Flickr
4.Excess

Excess by bettylou0329, on Flickr
5.Pattern

Pattern by bettylou0329, on Flickr
Thanks for looking

1. Sizzle - Speckles