Finally decided on and purchased my new DSLR- Sony a200

I knew this would create a brand name war. can't we all just get along?!? haha

congrats on your purchase!

I know what you mean. If I would have posted that I purchased a Nikon or Canon, everybody would be commenting on what a good choice I made.:lol:

I know what you mean. If I would have posted that I purchased a Nikon or Canon, everybody would be commenting on what a good choice I made.:lol:

Don't worry too much. The Sony a200 is as good an entry dSLR as any offering from Nikon and Canon (and probably better value for money). If you are happy with its features and the way it fits in your hands, that's all that matters.

I have minolta af lenses which are working for A200, 50 f/1.4, 35-70 f/4 & 70-210 f/4. I can recommend these lenses as I have had good results with the A200 (my friend's camera - I use minolta film cameras).

Congrats on the camera! Don't let all these people rain on your parade, this camera is more than capable of taking great pics and you'll have a great time with it!

Good lord!! Would you people get off it!! Idaho21 did not ask anyones opinion on the Sony camera, just asked the people who have Sony cameras to chime in on lenses. I have an A300 & love it. I sold my kit lens & purchased my Sigma 2.8 which I love as well. I purchased my Minolta 50mm lens for $100 & it takes great photos. My Tamron is a great long lens as well. There are lots of choices for your Sony! Do not let these people make you second guess your decision! Good luck!

PS~ You should check out this forum
http://www.dyxum.com/index.asp

Last edited:
one more thing, they say that a sony Dslr camera is not good, the fact that they dont even own one or tested one. my A350, meets my need, and i bet they can't tell the diff bet a picture taken buy a nikon, cannon or sony.

Whatever you do ... do not settle for inexpensive lenses (except for a 50mm f1.7)

If you can ... read the reviews ... ask here on the forum, then spend the money.

There were two lenses that I lived with on my Canon nF-1 ... 90mm Macro and a 400mm f4.5.

With my Alpha a100, I am using a Sigma 50mm f2.8 Macro.
One day I would like to get a Sigma 300mm f4.0
I have a couple of zoom lenses but the quality is not what I was used to.

B+W make also make quality filters

... and get a solid tripod ... I am working on that one to (since I got rid of my 50lbs. Manfrotto)

Canon and Nikon were new at one time too. So what is the big deal? You don't have the confidence to buy something new and give it a try? How boring would it be if there was only two camera makers? That makes competition. Anyways, congrats on the purchase and post some pics when you get the chance.
P.S. Sony did make the sensors for Nikon.

Woa, calm down guys. All I said was that the Sony selection wasn't as large or well known as Canon or Nikon.

This thread is on the brink of a fiery explosion.

I'll just say: congrats on the purchase. The 200 is a good pick. I personally would have saved a bit and got the 350, but that's just me.

Now go out and shoot some stuff! Show any doubters out there their place!

Sony fans :hug:: Nikon fans

:lol:

hey friend i also looking for a good budget dslr which i will buy in the beginning of next year
i think sony dslr have many shortcomings but still ..i dont prefer sony over other brands such a nikon and canon

i have shortlisted
d40
d60
canon eos 1000d

i hope more models will come up soon

Hey,
I have the sony a300 which is pretty much the the same and love it (haven't tried other brands so can't compare). Just got the DT 16-80mm Zeiss lens which so far is proving to be an awesome upgrade, though it means i'm prob sticking with sony now.

Most reactions

Back