Finding Inspiration

The bottom line, is that I'm not satisfied, I'm not satiated, and I need some inspiration.

Here I thought it was just me.. Maybe it's just the bay area that causes this... I'm wrapping up a soap shoot today, and like you I am lucky. I am thankful to have worked in this industry quite a long time now and I stay busy, but I've lost the desire to shoot just for the fun of it.

I see photographers who run out to the coast or to the GG or Bay Bridge, Chinatown, the host of Redwoods, but that's really about it here... I wish that I had a better answer for you, but I am also trying to find that inspiration...

Going out to the Standard Spots doesn't seem like it would inspire me a bit.

The GG bridge fills me with an overwhelming urge to stow my camera.

I don't think inspiration is about a place or a thing or an exercise. I think it's about a way of seeing, of imagining. It's about a vision.

Last edited:
Going out to the Standard Spots doesn't seem like it would inspire me a bit.

The GG bridge foods me with an overwhelming urge to stow my camera.

I don't think inspiration is about a place or a thing or an exercise. I think it's about a way of seeing, of imagining. It's about a vision.

Agreed. It's a way of thinking not of acting.

Inspiration isn't that great shot that shows up in your viewfinder, it's the spark that makes you click the button when you see it. If you're uninspired you need to change how you are thinking about things rather than the things around you.

Most reactions

Back