Fire Bomber

Frozen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was in Yosemite this last week, I was messing around with settings on the camera to get used to my new camera. Wish I had noticed the Fire Bomber a little earlier so I could lower the ISO to 200, and change the aperture to somewhere around 11. I shot it in raw so any tips on editing/tweaking would be great.

From Yosemite Augu...

Ah levels, many a shot i have taken into the sun and been salvaged by levels. Contrast and black clipping can help alot here too. Just a different method, photoshop lets you acomplish most things about a million different ways =)

Yeah, I was going to say a bit of contrast and saturation would help pull some of that smoke out of the air. Anyone know if a polarizer works on smoke?

Yeah, I was going to say a bit of contrast and saturation would help pull some of that smoke out of the air. Anyone know if a polarizer works on smoke?

That's a very good question. My guess is that it would reduce the brightness of it, though it probably won't make it much easier to see what's on the other side. Like the others said, I would add some negative exposure compensation, saturate, and adjust black point clipping and/or go wild on the curves. Either method will probably produce acceptable results.

Most reactions

Back