Fireworks display - 25 (Small) images have a look

UUilliam

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is a few shots I took yesterday, Was at AYR Race course.

you can see more here: Fireworks pictures by uuilliam - Photobucket
(added both good and bad shots to it.) no critique neccessary however if you wish to you can link to the image you are critiquing.
Basically was my first time trying it and as a first try, I feel it was a bit of a success.
If I had to do it over again ( I had originally planned to use my 75-300mm, thank god I never!!!) I would use an 8mm or 10-20mm lens as my 18mm was still not wide enough to capture them all without moving my camera (which is a nuisance with my tripod...)

Settings for most:

ISO 400 and aperture f/"who cares" (uh I think I used 4.5 / 5.6 just for the quicker shutter speed but could have done with f8)
and tried to stick to 3 second exposures which I quickly left when I started to use my lens cap to capture multiple bursts in one exposure (used a Wireless remote on Bulb)
there is no PP in these (except for resize and VERY SLIGHT sharpening)
Anyways without futher adoo;

IMG_0868.jpg

IMG_0873.jpg

IMG_0876.jpg

IMG_0883.jpg

IMG_0919.jpg

IMG_0921.jpg

IMG_0931.jpg

IMG_0932.jpg

IMG_0936.jpg

Last edited:
way too many images to review
why not just pick out a few of the best so people would be more inclined to pay attention?

not to be disrespectful ann
but if you read the opening statement, I say I am not looking for C&C I am meerly showcasing my First attempts.
However if people wish to C&C They can select a few and C&C (from the link or on here)

Of all of them, I like #3 the best for one reason: Context. By including elements other than the fireworks, it tells a story and gives us a perspective.

Now, to be honest, it's still not a great shot because that additional context wasn't played up enough to really pull it off, but it was at least on the right track. Some of the other fireworks images themselves are better, but leave me hanging as well. 4 could have been really good, but it got clipped off, for example. Others are just plain overexposed or blurry or not enough action to be exciting at all.

My number one rule though when shooting fireworks, is to put them in context in some way, with the landscape, people, water reflections (they're often shot off over water), etc. I think you'll find they're much more effective that way.

but if you read the opening statement, I say I am not looking for C&C I am meerly showcasing my First attempts.
However if people wish to C&C They can select a few and C&C (from the link or on here)

She said too many images to review (look at), not to critique. That is what you asked for in your OP.

Posting 25 images like this is being disrespectful, if anyone is being so.

Last edited:
UUilliam,

i did read your statement, still to many to review, critique or no critique

fair 'nuff

Reduced to 9 images

I picked you up wrong, I thought you ment for Critique.
sorry.

4 is awesome! Captured wonderfully nice job.
tj

She said too many images to review (look at), not to critique. That is what you asked for in your OP.

Posting 25 images like this is being disrespectful, if anyone is being so.
serious question, how is it disrespectful?

Because I tried to shoot the moon at ISO 100 and for somereason was getting slow shutter speed (with a wide open aperture) so tried fireworks on bonfire night (only 2 - 4 frames) at iso 1600 and it worked better so I decided to use ISO 400.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back