first camera?

Darth Roxi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Im taking a photography class this fall and I need to buy a 35mm camera. Ive taken and developed pictures many times before but i know not much about the cameras themselves. Ide love peoples suggestions about what camera to buy. Price range is up to about 400 dollars. Also looking for one with good long term use.

pentax k1000

or closer to your price limit, Nikon FM2

thank you any other suggestions?

Wow! If you have 400 bucks to spend and you want a film SLR you are going to be one happy camper. Go to e-bay and do a search for whatever brand you prefer and you'll find that you can get a lot of film camera for the money. Or go a bit cheaper on the camera and get a really good tripod.

have a good one
3Eo

I love my Canon AE-1. It's a shutter priority autoexposure camera with the option to go full time manual. There's also a complicated way to use the light meter as sort of an aperture priority camera. Lenses for an FD mount Canon are pretty cheap too.

Hi!

I just read an article about camera buying (digital compact, digital SLR, SLR style or super zoom) under another topic. It's short and sweet and I found it very helpful. They also recommend some models. Hope this helps you!

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58065

Most reactions

Back