first go at skating

DeepSpring

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.joshualights.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
what do you guys think? any tips for next time? how this could have been improved, or just general comments

thanks in advance
stevieskating.jpg

Speed up your exposure and you can stop motion and bring your subject more into focus. The blured skater does have a nice effect in that it shows motion.

It looks like the skater (or should that be sk8r?) is your intended subject with no emphisis on the background. Look around at other locations. You can use your photo to make a more profound statement. As it sits, this is just a photo of a skater caught in midflight. Look for places where you might not always expect to find a skater (stay out of trouble and don't tresspass, but be creative).

Show me a shot of this skater jumping over a watermelon in the produce section of the grocery store.

Your angle is good, it gives the skater added height. Eye level shots can get boring sometimes.

other than what efergoh has said.. the photo is crooked. next time look for something vertical like the pole on the fence and line your camera up with it.

the timing is a little early too. im assuming the trick is an ollie, and in that case i would wait til he has levelled his board out more and is at maximum height.

www.skateperception.com is a great resource for skate photography and video.

thanks guys.

yeah i know about the blurry already but that was the fastest exposure i was able to do cause it was starting to get dark in the evening. It wasn't really the best planned shoot or anything we were just out skating and i decided to try shooting him.

DeepSpring said:
thanks guys.

yeah i know about the blurry already but that was the fastest exposure i was able to do cause it was starting to get dark in the evening.
When it gets later in the day, you can open up your aperature, and that will let you use a faster shutter speed.

Most reactions

Back