First HDR attempt, trying to show someone up..

penfold1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.fizzlebang.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, a friend on another forum posted some HDR images, and being the photo guy on that forum I just had to try and show him up.

I think I over did the colors, but figured I would share here anyway, because a little C&C never hurts! :)

truck.jpg

barn2web.jpg

barnweb.jpg

dogweb.jpg

streetweb.jpg

Gotta say that they don't really work for me. In my mind, an HDR is supposed to still look like a "regular" picture, it just has a high dynamic range (duh ... HDR). I like very few HDRs that have the obvious "artificial" coloring and tones, unless that's the actual point (I think someone posted a few that were titled "fairytale village" or something like that a few months ago).

I like the first one, ya so you went alittle overboard on the tones but it gives the photo character..

We do all need to start somewhere, all my HDR's so far have gone to the trash so, I do believe it takes alot of practice to master this art.

A few are decent, but I agree, I think it would take alot of master this, even though I don't really understand what "high dynamic range" is and how you go about. Explanation anybody? Anyway, they look a little too animated and artificial, on a few of them the colors are a little off, as you said. I especially noticed this on 2 and 4, finding 3 to be pretty decent. Thanks for sharin'! =D

I would just tune them all down a little and they would be ace

Most reactions

Back