first hdr for me

Apex

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i got photomatix recently and made this a while ago but forgot to post it.
the composition itself doesnt do as well as id like but maybe for some of you? basically this was just a test for me
3 long exposures 2 stops apart.
1268225757_237cf7fdce_o.jpg

any thoughts, critique, threats welcome :p

looks good to me. It looks convincing, that's for sure.

Very nice, I really like the look of HDR's.

I am confused though on creating them. When you say that you take 3 different exposures what does this mean? I know what exposures is but what are you changing? The F stop, the shutter speed? Or can you just got in and do exposure compensation of +1 then -1?? I'm using the D40x.

the only thing that should change is the shutter speed. set ur camera to manual so you can change the shutter speed while not changing the aperature.

Personally i feel the green is to over saturated for my liking, other than that its good.

Very nice, i also got photomatix recently but i haven't try it yet.
Thanks for posting the way of capturing the pictures for HDR purpose because i was a bit confused on that and hi to everyone since im new to the forum :)

Very nice, I really like the look of HDR's.

I am confused though on creating them. When you say that you take 3 different exposures what does this mean? I know what exposures is but what are you changing? The F stop, the shutter speed? Or can you just got in and do exposure compensation of +1 then -1?? I'm using the D40x.

Generally, as mentioned, shutterspeed is the only variable changed because you dont want to have different DOF between the pictures, since if one picture your background is blurry and the others it is in focus, it will blend into an HDR with splotches of in focus and out of focus areas.

But, the same can happen with shutterspeed if your shutter dips to slow and produces motion blur.

I like the pic btw

I 2nd the comment about the greens being over-saturated.

The pic looks good, but it seems like it could use more range.
That's just my opinion though, I'm not claiming in any way that it (technically) lacks range.
It could possibly have some slight focal blotches. I can't tell with any certainty, but the bark on the tree and areas around the tree there seems to be some blurring.
Nothing big though.

With it being your first HDR, you've definitely done a good job on it.
Much better than what my first HDR turned out to be.

Keep going.

The cartoonish or glowing HDR's bug me. This is a great natural looking HDR.

The green looks like Spring here in the lush mid-west. Don't know what the others are talking about. Maybe they live in drier areas?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back