first hdr

marmots

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
my god!! getting the python scripts to work on gimp took me forever!!!!!!!!!

now i know this isn't a very well composed/interesting picture, and that it didn't really need to be an hdr, but i just wanted to try making one so this just happened to be available at the time

original
_MG_1729.jpg

hdr

hdrvan1.jpg

would have looked better with a colorful car...

I'd have to say the original image looks better. I know you were just messing around, but I figure... you asked.
well... technically there was no question in the post but alright, point taken

Didn't really enhance much. Did you use several different exposures to create the HDR?

not a fan. dun really think HDR really suites this scene/lighting.

that's not the type of scene you use for an HDR. not by any means. in fact, you wasted your time doing HDR and ended up with a fake looking scene. the original photo just needed some subtle levels work at the most and I'd argue it needs -nothing- to be done to it.

HDR is for when your camera blows out part of a scene and so you take one or more additional exposures where that portion of the scene is exposed right and now the rest isn't. HDR is merging them together so everything is exposed well

think dark opening in bright sunlight or super bright opening into a dark room

that's not the type of scene you use for an HDR. not by any means. in fact, you wasted your time doing HDR and ended up with a fake looking scene. the original photo just needed some subtle levels work at the most and I'd argue it needs -nothing- to be done to it.

HDR is for when your camera blows out part of a scene and so you take one or more additional exposures where that portion of the scene is exposed right and now the rest isn't. HDR is merging them together so everything is exposed well

think dark opening in bright sunlight or super bright opening into a dark room

i said in the original post i know it didn't fit... i was just bored, so i started messing around and decided to try an hdr, this just happened to still be in raw so i could make different exposures

Last edited:
That scene is a good candidate for an HDR because it has a wide dynamic range, but 3 exposures probably was not as many as you needed.

It looks like you used +2, 0 -2 for your 3 exposures? That is a 4 stop dynamic range and it looks like you had closer to twice that, 8 stops.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back