First Maternity Session

twocolor

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.twocolorphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a dear friend who let me "practice" a maternity portrait session on her. Here's the storyboard I made as a gift to her when the baby was born!

2912330685_669d2740a1.jpg

I'm very pleased with my first attempt!
Do you agree??

except for the mom's feet being cut off in the 2nd and 3rd photos, it's great!

I'd love to see the individual photos up close :]

except for the mom's feet being cut off in the 2nd and 3rd photos, it's great!

I'd love to see the individual photos up close :]

As per request:lol:

about her feet, she was really uncomfortable with them tucked in closer to her body, so I wasn't quite sure what to do with them . . .

2914186268_665cc631d2.jpg

2914186142_eae2de5313.jpg

2914185806_e49fd0284f.jpg

2914185574_220616c03f.jpg

The jury is still out on this one . . . I was going for a slight silhouette look, I'd seen it on a web-site, but I'm just not sure . . .
2914186416_14799784c1.jpg

No opinion from anyone else?

Nice job. The story board is cute. I am not a fan of the silhouette one though.

I think they're cute. Nice lighting. Love the storyboard. Not such a fan of the chopped feet. I would have liked to see them in the shot, maybe ankles crossed, very casual, you know?

The black seemed weird to me... made her look like she was uncomfortable in her sitting position and made floaty disembodied head man a reality. :D

Still, nice capture of emotions and stuff.

EDIT: I guess my point here is that I'm assuming one wants to capture the feelings of maternity and expectation of the "new bundle of joy" in a shot like this... certain artistic perspectives may be "neat", but may not actually work for the type of shoot this is. How does a couple (or better, THE couple) feel about this situation... generally I would think soft, happy tones and joyful expressions and whatnot would be the name of the game.

The happy couple was actually doing this as a favor to me - like I said, this was my practice session. I don't want my first maternity shoot to be a paid one if you know what I mean! But if the tears they shed when I gave them the storyboard were any indication, I feel they were quite happy with it.

In my opinion, black and white is the best way to depict emotion and feelings. It takes away other distractions and lets one better see the emotions on the subjects face.

BUT, I do agree with the scary floating head man! I really hate that part of these pics. Good thing it was a practice type shot!!!

I think they're cute. Nice lighting. Love the storyboard. Not such a fan of the chopped feet. I would have liked to see them in the shot, maybe ankles crossed, very casual, you know?

I think next time I'm going to have her maybe bend her knees just a tad and than cross her ankles. That way it pulls them in a little and still makes it kinda casual (i say that like she's the one coming back! I think she'd rather die than be pregnant again so soon!:lol:)

It's awesome when you can get friends to let you "try things out"... gives you some experience in a low-pressure situation, and they even often will allow you to come back and try again. :)

TBH, I kinda like the scary floating head thing, but I'm not sure if it's what you would want for this kind of shoot. :lol:

Most reactions

Back