First photo for a serious CC

bobdrozen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Forforum1.jpg
it worked!! I chased this little guy around and around the flower stalks outside of our butterfly climatron.
Butterfly7269copy.jpg
Orangebtflyredflowerscopy.jpg

Last edited:
Nice effort. The two main issues I see are that the image appears slightly soft, and that it's somewhat under-exposed. Lighting macro work can be tricky; consider the use of reflectors and if you can, an off-camera flash. If you're considering getting seriously into macro work, you may want to look into a ring light.

that first photo was taken as i walked around and around from one flower to next trying to get something decent.But a ring light is in my future.

No one else..?

#1 is nicely composed but a little soft on the bee and is noisy. I'd darken the background in PP and erase that horizontal thing and vertical thing on the right.

#2 is also nicely composed but I'd get rid of the junk on the left side (the leaf on the lower left and that piece of a flower) since it slightly tarnishes an otherwise sublime background. The only downfall of this shot is the softness.

#3 decent composition but the background is unattractive and very distracting. No real softness problem here but it is noisy.

thanks
i appreicate the feed back at least i feel i have the eye for it just have to hone my skills...the last photo was just as you said i was let down when i saw that busy background

The second one is my Fav followed closely by the first..

Most reactions

Back