First Photos On The Creek! Feedback Would Be Great!

Remote

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey, I'm relatively new to photography, and I just have a small point and shoot Panasonic Lumix. Any suggestions on another camera I should be getting, or is mine basically alright? Uhmm...I took some pictures for the first time down by my creek, and I've been hearing that they would be better with a little Photoshopping, which I have NO idea how to do or what to do :p So I guess if you want just edit one or two and show me what I should be doing. Thanks!

p1000585fv6.jpg

p1000593dx3.jpg

p1000606ss6.jpg

p1000655lt8.jpg

p1000656jd8.jpg

p1000608yx7.jpg

p1000591ma6.jpg

p1000619lc2.jpg

p1000613um0.jpg

Last edited:
Great to see you posting already!

From this series, my faves are the first, and the third. I like the point of view from which you took each.

(By the way, if you post more than about 4 pics, it helps if you number them, so viewers can comment more easily on a specific shot)

Thanks for the tip! And the oppinion! :)

I rather like #3 and 4. I wouldn't worry about using a Lumix, that is the same thing I am using, if I can ever figure out how to start using the settings right. Your close ups are far above and beyond what I have been able to get with mine. Which Lumix do you have?

Uhm, I think its, DMZ, something something something. I can't find it at the moment :(

I liked 5 and 9. 3 made me chuckle for some reason... dunno, but that's probably a good thing.

In general if you could post larger images that would help critique. I usually do mine 800 pixels on the long side.

Nice images, looks like you've got a good eye. In addition to agreeing with that posted above, I'll add that you need to be careful when shooting into the sun or when there is an extremely bright area in the image (#s 3, 5, 7, 8) as that will affect your camera's metering and most often result in under-exposed pictures.

Alright, so be careful of light. Thanks guys! Um..if that did, somehow, happen again, would there be a feature in Photoshop that would be able to almost sort of fix that?

mmm... not really.

Shooting RAW would help (if your cam can do that) because it will give you some forgiveness on exposure.

Beyond that, there is the shadow/highlight tool... but that can have horrible and nasty effects on things and usually you can't do much more than adjust it very slightly without it looking *very* odd.

You can also shoot multiple exposures and create a composite or an HDR, but those can look odd sometimes too.

Ohh alright. I'll have to play around with it and see, I guess.

Most reactions

Back