First Photo's to share with the forum

Schein

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi obviously i'm new to the forum, I was interested on any thiughts people might have on what few photo's i think are worthy at all of posting.

I plan to learn a lot here. so critique away if you'd like

little info on the photo's, These are with a piont and shoot digital, and the portrait types of photo's is the first time i've ever tried to do portrait photo's

I would love any suggestions for a beginner in photography

(edit) Got it to work

photo_filedb1%5CA6%5C16%5C6D%5CA6166D%5Cviewable%5CA6166D_131CD3C1DEBE_1.jpg

photo_filedb1%5CA6%5C16%5C6D%5CA6166D%5Cviewable%5CA6166D_131CD3C1DEBE_2.jpg

photo_filedb1%5CA6%5C16%5C6D%5CA6166D%5Cviewable%5CA6166D_131CD3C1DEBE_3.jpg

Welcome and all that fun stuff. The code needs to have .jpg on the end. I gave up on using Fotopic months ago. I wonder if my account is still there... Anyway, try opening the image in a new window. That usually has a JPEG tag. This is coming from a MAC user with little knowledge of code etc. Everyone is super nice, so be sure to check out the test portion of the site.

The photos are strong. You have chosen some really tricky lighting situations. The way to approach that is try different exposures and fill light. A dear friend once told me "just shoot a lot of film and take your camera off of auto".

Your portraits are a little underexposed. You might want to try upping the ISO, or perhaps using a flash if it's that dark. They aren't too under-exposed though, so you could easily bring the photos out with a little dodging in photoshop.

Your DOF is spot on, the backgrounds are perfectly out of focus, and your subject is in crisp focus. So I guess my only complaint is the under-exposure.

Oh, and welcome to the forums!

Adam
Welcome and not bad photos. My thoughts are especially on the protraits is that you let the sun get a little to low the lady could have used a bit more light. Not flash necessarily as I do not like what that does to people, but ambient light.

The landscape is very nice as a silhouette I like as a landscape again I would have preferred a bit more light.
Terry

There are two threads at the top of the gallery page here that explain hosting and posting...read those to figure out how to post your photos. Your links aren't coming up for me..sorry!

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks to all for their thoughts and replies

I agree on the lighting thing, i was a bit in a hurry that evening, the people i was trying to take photo's uf showed up late, grrr, so the sun was setting fast, all i had available was a flash on the digital camera i was usuing, and it just didnt work like i thought lol,

thanks again for the thoughts, next time im at that place i am hoping to get a lot more time to take photo's

Most reactions

Back