First pic. for C&C + some editing please.

CrissAwad

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello guys, i have never posted any pics since i still did not get my DSLR yet. My mate and i went for an Automotive photoshoot last week and i decided to get some non-Automotive pics. C&C welcome and tips on how to make it better. His camera isn't a DSLR it's a DSLR like camera, Lumix if i'm not mistaken. Also if anyone can edit it to look nice since i still dunno how to edit either :blushing:...
Thanks in advance.

30891_398999305854_585080854_4782577_6100381_n.jpg

the picture is very blah IMO.

Dont think that much editing can make this into a great photo, but it might help somewhat.

You chose a scene that has a varying amount of contrast..bright sky, dark shadows on the left. The camera doesn't record things the same way your eye does. To pull off such an image, you need to take multiple exposure and combine in an HDR software or use some strobes/flash to light up the left side.

Technical issues aside, there isnt much interesting going on in this image. Comes off as a snapshot of an alley you just walked by. Too much dead space on top, no real subject of interest, pretty boring.

Keep trying to flex those creative muscles and see things in a different way, from different angles.

Thanks guys. This is what i was looking for.
I read about the rule of thirds, going to try it next time.

read, apply, practice. I have seen some real nice shots with "non-DSLR" cameras.

The camera is part of the issue, but not the major part.

Google up photography composition. Head to a library and get some books.
Look through people's flickr, blogs, website, magazines, portfolios,... to get a sense of what you like in their images. Don't just flip through saying "nice", but take the time to think about what you find is nice. Is it the colour, the shapes, the textures, the lines,...?

good tip bigtwinky,will use it myself

Most reactions

Back