First picks with my dSLR :)

AlexPhoto1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Last week I finally had enough money to pay half and half my dSLR. So there was a sale at bestbuy and we went and bought the Nikon d3000 with the 18-55mm VR lens. I was extremely happy and got a few not bad shots I would like some critique on. I had an old pentax film SLR before. It did the job but I like to take ALOT of pictures so I needed digital. Here are a few pictures I would like critique on please :). PS I only have a 55mm lens which makes close ups extremely difficult but I am so happy with what I have I dont really care lol

DSC_0202.jpg

DSC_0056.jpg

DSC_0205.jpg

#4 (my brother)
DSC_0040.jpg

#5 Last one
DSC_0028.jpg

Thanks guys !

Alex

Last edited:
are these in Auto or Manual?

Full manual :)

EDIT: Except for focus, that was on 11 point auto

not bad for beginner dslr shots!

Thanks D-B-J ! I screwed up #4 a bit I should of tried to center my brother more but bah it was taken really quickly :p

1- dont like how you cut the left most flower. The blade of grass on the right is a bit odd, alot of distracting background. Colours are nice

2- dont like how the shoe is cut, the angle is odd as well and the foot without a shoe is, uh, unnecessary

3- interesting angle and nice colours, nice dof. looks a tad out of focus though

4- too low of an angle, not enough player emotion, cut off the coach, should be zoomed in more

Thans Big :) Yeah I noticed after I took it that blade of grass in the way.. Ill mow the lawn and try again haha :p 3 Ima have to go out and re take it try to get a better focus and 4 well like I said its really hard to take close ups because all I have is 55mm :( But thx alot for the critique :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back