First picture sumbmitted

I agree with twinky...snapshot. Take some time looking around the site to get some better inspiration maybe...

so you want cc of a picture of someone else's painting on the side of a building?

I find both your close shot and zoomed out shot as very snapshot-ish. They are straight on images, not very interesting to look at in terms of photography. I'm sure they are a nice reminder of something you saw when you were there, but photography they are not.

Thanks Twinky, You all will have a rookie shooting photographs , instead of snapshots in no time.
Will take your recommendation about checking out http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/p...using-tpf.html

Thanks jbylake
As far as the OP's origional request for critique, I think the angle was not all that great, and the photo could use leveling and the siding or whatever that is behind it, partly exposed, should have been eliminated in PP..

Just getting my hands wet, presently using picasa, doing post processing.
Just downloaded light room beta, but lots of learning to use it effectively.
Thanks for the critique, thats exacatally what I was looking for, and also learned along the way the diffrence from a snapshot to a composition.

Much much prefer a rookie shooting photos than someone posting their vacation shots anyday.

yeah please take those date stamps out LOL

i'm going to guess you shot these as standing at eye level? welcome to photography but try to get involved more

I didn't like the shot, the angle, the background, or actually anything else about the photo, except I thought the color was pretty good.

I took the one post where the poster said taking photo's of anyone's art (not excatly a quote but close) didn't count.

Tell you what, if, when I was in the Museum at Cairo, and IF they would have allowed me to take photo's, or even bring in a camera, I would have been more than happy to take shot's of "someone else's art". That was one of, in my opinion, the most (looking for a nice word for it), well "stupid" comes to mind, pieces of info or critique, I've ever read on this site. Now the OP didn't exactly capture a photo of "antiquity", but art is art, and taking a photo of "art", is, not exactly out of bounds, as far as I'm concerned.

As for the rest of you, well, you just critiqued the photo, which in my assessment, you all hit it pretty much right on. I just thought it was odd, that an individual who considers him/herself a photographer, would trash someone for taking a picture of "art".

BJ, BT, and the rest of you stuck with straight up photographic/technical cirtique, and I think that was really helpful to the OP. Just didn't want the OP to listen to some ludicrous advice given by someone, which might just be enough to push them into giving up on the hobby and maybe latter the profession, depending on their goals.

J.:mrgreen:

Yeah there is nothing wrong with taking a photo of art as a memory, but it's not your photography skills that the photo would be showing off, therefore it's not really the kind of thing to post for c&c.

Anyway, good to see the OP reacting well to the comments given, makes a nice change from n00bs bashing experienced members for their 'mean' comments.

I'd say that normally looking at a picture zoomed in of another picture isn't really very interesting. And the angle for the close up one is off.

As for the zoomed out one, it is an improvement, but you should make sure that the date and time stamp is turned off before taking a picture.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back