First Portrait Shoot

seven

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
This is the first portrait shoot I've ever done... be brutally honest please ;)
I have no idea how to make them pose...

img7857bwhm0.jpg

img7871copyys0.jpg

img7905bwet8.jpg

img7932copykr5.jpg

img7942bwcopymn8.jpg

img7944bwcopytm1.jpg

Critique and send me in the right direction!!

#1 - She looks a little scared, and I find the crop & framing a little strange.
#2 - Expression & pose seem OK, perhaps the angle is a little distracting.
I like #3 & #4
#5 Looks like a bit of a mug shot, stand here, shoot.
#6 The frames hide the eyes a bit much for my liking, I'm not someone who thinks girls with glasses aren't pretty (both of your models are very pretty), it's just that narrow frames can be hard to get on an angle that doesn't block the eyes, maybe have her remove the glasses next time.

I think the model from 5 & 6 would benefit from a different angle too. (Like 3&4, but of course there are so many three quarter poses). Look in books or magazines for shots you like and try to replicate the poses. The more you take, the more you'll start to recognise what will work before you release the shutter.

i think number 6 looks like a lenscrafter's
add. lol.
i don't know i just stair at the classes on that one for some reason
i like them

number 4 really stands out to me, but i agree that the cropping on number 1 is very awkward.

For some reson, it seems like most people tend to point their heads down when having their picture taken. Having the model lift the chin just a bit can do wonders for the expressiveness in a portrait (unless there's a specific reason for tilting the head forward). It would also solve the issue with the glasses in the last one.

#2 & 3 really stand out to me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back